Main Menu

Dredd (2012)

Started by Goaty, 06 September, 2011, 11:51:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

M.I.K.

I believe Mr. Clements was merely being sarky.

Jim_Campbell

Quote from: M.I.K. on 01 June, 2014, 11:03:26 PM
I believe Mr. Clements was merely being sarky.

I find that VERY hard to believe.

Cheers!

Jim
Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

M.I.K.

...and the same goes for him.

Proudhuff

DDT did a job on me

Goaty

Will be away for a week, so there should be any news by 9th june (my birthday) cos Goaty is the Law!  :lol:

Banners

New Last Exit to Nowhere magazine ad features Dredd on its own, rather than the usual montage...

COMMANDO FORCES

I saw that in Empire last night and had to do a double take. Full page add and it's only Dredd, impressive!

JOE SOAP

Quote from: Steve Green on 01 June, 2014, 09:37:33 PM
Quote from: JOE SOAP on 31 May, 2014, 09:30:35 PM

From a recent interview with Adi Shankar:

"So for the past year and a half I've been working on an 'unofficial' Dredd short. Tonally it's very different to the movie, and like all my 'Bootleg Universe' shorts, it's 100 percent for the fans."

I'm curious to see what direction he goes in.

Could be schlockier, more parodic, or noirish. Interesting to see how he handles Dredd as a presence or full character- without Urban I presume.

Going by past history, both Dirty Laundry and Truth in Journalism debuted at San Diego Comic-Con, so maybe his DREDD fan-film will follow suit and be released this July.

Steve Green

Quote from: Banners on 10 June, 2014, 02:49:43 PM
New Last Exit to Nowhere magazine ad features Dredd on its own, rather than the usual montage...

Which is also inside Magna, the car park of which is where Banners was lying on the floor getting his head blown off.

Steve Green

Quote from: JOE SOAP on 10 June, 2014, 03:43:13 PM
Quote from: Steve Green on 01 June, 2014, 09:37:33 PM
Quote from: JOE SOAP on 31 May, 2014, 09:30:35 PM

From a recent interview with Adi Shankar:

"So for the past year and a half I've been working on an 'unofficial' Dredd short. Tonally it's very different to the movie, and like all my 'Bootleg Universe' shorts, it's 100 percent for the fans."

I'm curious to see what direction he goes in.

Could be schlockier, more parodic, or noirish. Interesting to see how he handles Dredd as a presence or full character- without Urban I presume.

Going by past history, both Dirty Laundry and Truth in Journalism debuted at San Diego Comic-Con, so maybe his DREDD fan-film will follow suit and be released this July.

Would be great if it did.

Banners

Quote from: Steve Green

Which is also inside Magna, the car park of which is where Banners was lying on the floor getting his head blown off.
/quote]

Heh - and looking so much younger...!

IAMTHESYSTEM

Does Judge Dredd creator John Wagner and Carlos Ezquerra get any royalties from the DREDD movie? I assume they got some sort of payment or commission fee to begin with but do they get anything from

I remember that the film 'Road to Perdition' was based on a Graphic Novel but the Novel's creator apparently didn't receive anything from the success of RtP. Did John and Carlos   
"You may live to see man-made horrors beyond your comprehension."

http://artriad.deviantart.com/
― Nikola Tesla

IAMTHESYSTEM

Some errors in that post! :-[ But you get the gist of it.
"You may live to see man-made horrors beyond your comprehension."

http://artriad.deviantart.com/
― Nikola Tesla

Trout

Quote from: IAMTHESYSTEM on 15 June, 2014, 11:21:19 AM
Does Judge Dredd creator John Wagner and Carlos Ezquerra get any royalties from the DREDD movie? I assume they got some sort of payment or commission fee to begin with but do they get anything from

I remember that the film 'Road to Perdition' was based on a Graphic Novel but the Novel's creator apparently didn't receive anything from the success of RtP. Did John and Carlos

Yes.

shaolin_monkey

Yo, Goaty!  Your design is getting everywhere!!