Main Menu

2000 AD - The Ultimate Collection

Started by Molch-R, 27 February, 2017, 06:03:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

IndigoPrime

Aha!

Quote"Hey Craig, good news! Armoured Gideon will be included within the extension."

Barrington Boots

You're a dark horse, Boots.

IndigoPrime

Look, if everyone goes around annihilating everything, we'll never get that bloody book.

James Stacey

I'm glad its getting an extension, there's still a lot of quality to print .. I am however going to run out of bookcase .. dammit

Barrington Boots

Quote from: IndigoPrime on 24 November, 2022, 02:34:48 PM
Look, if everyone goes around annihilating everything, we'll never get that bloody book.

There will be no annihilation cessation. Too much elation.
You're a dark horse, Boots.

The Corinthian

Quote from: Max Headroom on 23 November, 2022, 09:31:04 PM
Maybe with 'The Order' coming back in February next year for its final run we could have another Hachette book compiling all the outstanding material as part of the extension. I'm hoping!

This is my hope also!

Tomwe

40 more books is a lot! That's half the original run, and the biggest extension so far. Has anyone crunched the numbers on any longer running series that have yet to feature?

Tomwe

Answer that myself
Quote from: sintec on 11 October, 2022, 12:33:03 PM
yeah having trawled Barney it's not all that hard to get a list of 40 more potential volumes just looking at Prog and Meg stuff.

Zenith (2 books)
Harlem Heroes (2 books)
Durham Red (Worley run + Scarlet Apocrypha)
Harry 20
Kingmaker
Luke Kirby (too much for 1 book not enough for 2 what can they cut?)
Armoured Gideon
Thistlebone
Diaboliks
Survival Geeks
Brigand Doom
Feral And Foe
Shako + Ant Wars
Age Of The Wolf
Damnation Station
American Reaper (2 books)
Atavar
Bec & Kawl
Bix Barton
Storm Warning
Bendatti Vendetta (maybe paired with something like Family)
Flesh II
Peter Milligan collection (Freaks, Counterfit Girl, Shadows)
Hope
Kingdom III
Night Zero
Outlier
Proteus Vex
Return To Armageddon
Skip Tracer (2 books)
The Out

That's 35 books. Chuck a couple of Dredd's and some collections of shorter one-offs in there (I'd love a volume of the best of 3hrillers for example) and we'd have 40. Only downside for me is the significant overlap with some of my recent trade purchases from the Rebellion store and the need for a new bookcase.

The Monarch

13school

I think American Reaper is creator-owned, so doubtful we'll be getting that (much as I'd like a collection)

It'd be nice to think there'd be a Pat Mills odds'n ends collection, with the final installments of Savage and Defoe (plus The ABC Warriors? Flesh?)

sintec

Quote from: 13school on 25 November, 2022, 03:49:07 AM
I think American Reaper is creator-owned, so doubtful we'll be getting that (much as I'd like a collection)

It'd be nice to think there'd be a Pat Mills odds'n ends collection, with the final installments of Savage and Defoe (plus The ABC Warriors? Flesh?)

Doh yeah probably not American Reaper then.  I think there's enough Flesh for a second book, I'll be surprised if we don't get that tbh.  With you 100% on a Mills odds 'n' ends book. Would be nice to get the last 2 books of Savage and the last part of Defoe.

Looking back over my list I'm really hoping we don't get 2 books of Skip Tracer... there are so many better things they could include. Similarly what I've read of Bek & Krawl in the Humble Bundle from a while back isn't great. Still series like this always have the odd book you bounce off as long as long as it's just a couple of books I'm ok with that.

Wonder if we'll get an 8th Sinister Dexter book. Would love to read the recent arc back without the publishing gaps.

IndigoPrime

My guess is we can probably look back across Rebellion's trade collections for a good indication of where a lot of this will go, given that the repro will already exist. That said, Armoured Gideon is an interesting one, because that requires new repro work, unless the company already had more ready to go after the first digital volume.

moly

Didn't the release armoured Gideon as one of the digital collections, so should be doable

IndigoPrime

The first arc, yes, but not the entire thing – which Barney reckons runs to 269 pages of strip.

Bad Andy

Armoured Gideon is going to be such a disappointment after all this 😀

I'm holding out for Sancho Panzer