Main Menu

Lawless 2023

Started by Tjm86, 31 December, 2022, 01:21:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bad City Blue

Quote from: Trooper McFad on 25 May, 2023, 11:24:36 AM
Quote from: Bad City Blue on 25 May, 2023, 10:22:04 AMSee you all there, I will be at the Sentinel table in the dealers room, with Sentinels, BOLT-01 books and some 2000ad shirts and mags to flog.

Good to know - is that the special BOLT-01 annual?
If it is is it possible to save one for me?
Hi saw the "unboxing" online and it looks superb.

It is, and we have about 15 to sell first come first served. £25 cash on the day!
Writer of SENTINEL, the best little indie out there

Trooper McFad

I hope to be in the queue early then 👍🏻😁
Citizens are Perps who haven't been caught ... yet!

Richard S.

see you all there - I'll be wearing a Buster t-shirt - thus making me easy to find / avoid
For 2,500+ other posts about all aspects of British comics then why not check out my blog at
https://boysadventurecomics.blogspot.com/

Follow me on twitter @richardandsheaf

Trooper McFad

Quote from: Richard S. on 25 May, 2023, 09:21:51 PMsee you all there - I'll be wearing a Buster t-shirt - thus making me easy to find / avoid

I'll look out and tap your shoulder if I spot you. I'll have my blue GI T on closest I'll get to cosplay 😂😂

Better get to sleep as it's an early start for me tomorrow 😁

Dandontdare

I'm sure I've missed meeting many boarders at Lawless cos I didn't recognise them - if you see a beardy bloke in specs with half his front teeth missing (broke my bridge), say hello

Trooper McFad

I'll look out for the "tooth less" bearded man 😂

Hawkmumbler

Have fun you jammy sods, got complacent didn't I and forgot to book the weekend off from work. Lawless eludes me for another year, hopefully will have the foresight to actually make it next year.

Likely to see folks at Thought Bubble, however.

Trooper McFad

Made it to Bristol all ship shape and ready for a pint.

Early night and fresh for a day of chats and signings.

Hope all attending enjoy themselves 👍🏻😁

Colin YNWA

Quote from: Hawkmumbler on 26 May, 2023, 01:24:53 PMHave fun you jammy sods, got complacent didn't I and forgot to book the weekend off from work. Lawless eludes me for another year, hopefully will have the foresight to actually make it next year.

Likely to see folks at Thought Bubble, however.

Yep was too indecisive again this year and now I'm might jealous as would live to catch up / meet (delete as appropriate) with you fine folks.

Maybe Thought Bubble...

Barrington Boots

Traffic is rubbish but I'll see you guys there soon, I hope!
You're a dark horse, Boots.

Jim_Campbell

Despite my best efforts to get ahead of the work and clear my schedule, this crazy business we call comics has me holed up in my room, working. Should be able to wrap it up and head for the Hilton about lunchtime. :|
Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

Barrington Boots

Fantastic weekend, really cool to speak to so many friendly comic fans and comic creators. And the Steve Dillon exhibition rules.

Great to meet you Jim, and hanging out with McFad and Mrs. McFad was an absolute highlight. Hope your journey home wasn't too arduous!
You're a dark horse, Boots.

Trooper McFad

Quote from: Barrington Boots on 28 May, 2023, 09:17:07 PMFantastic weekend, really cool to speak to so many friendly comic fans and comic creators. And the Steve Dillon exhibition rules.

Great to meet you Jim, and hanging out with McFad and Mrs. McFad was an absolute highlight. Hope your journey home wasn't too arduous!

That's me and the Mrs made it safely back to Cal Hab - drive up through the lakes & Scottish Boarders was beautiful in the sunshine.
This was another brilliant Lawless weekend and a big 👍🏻To Sue and the gang for arranging such a great event.

So many highlights over the weekend none more than meeting up with you Boots and your good lady for a few drinks.

Hopefully it goes ahead next year and we can do it all again 👍🏻😁

I'll post some of the sketches I got later it's now a wee whisky before hitting ma bed.

Trooper McFad

As stated above another great Lawless so here are a few sketches I got done from the artists I could get on their sketch lists.

It's  wonder to watch them work.

I won't name them you can guess from their signature.

I've got more "Human" pics to post later and I'm astounded at the effort people go to.
I'm keeping one sketch back just now from the fantastic Dan Cornwell but will post in a couple of weeks

Trooper McFad

Here are the "human" pics from Lawless. There were many more characters that I missed. Judges, a Klegg, Durham Red, Defoe and a Lawmaster wheelchair to name but a few. All were outstanding and their costumes are fantastic and adds to the feel of the con. Here are a few I managed to get pics of and at the bottom are a couple of my creations meeting their makers.

can't wait till next year  :D