Main Menu

Question about overseas subscriptions

Started by Dai, 20 July, 2002, 02:00:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dai

Is there anyone here that subscribes from overseas?

I currently live in Canada and am thinking about subscribing as the local shops charge quite a bit to special order 2000AD in.

Anyways, what I want to know is do the Progs get wrapped up or just put in the post like that?  Also, what about the Megazines?  Same thing?  How long does it take to get the Progs?  etc. etc.

Thanks

Devons Daddy

as far as i know from others who post here, the service is very good,
i have always had it sent by a third party for years though im about to subscribe to big finish for the cds, but most here speak highly of the service.
brown paper packets no description etc, just like all top shelf mags (at least thats what others tell me).
tu-plank and flyodd kermode both get there progs from them, they have spoken about it before, flyods in japan, try to ask them direct here, they are pretty likely to be honest about the service.
im out in singapore, some other guys out in oz.

I AM VERY BUSY!
PJ Maybe and I use the same dictionary, live with it.

NO 2000ad no life!

The Amstor Computer

Experiences with overseas subscriptions? I've just moved to Tasmania & I've been a subscriber for the past couple of months.
So far, I've been impressed with the service. Both the regular weekly & the Megazine arrive very quickly. The weekly is usually in my hands on the Monday after it hits the stands in the UK - a delay of only 4-5 days - and the Megazine arrives at least a few days before it's out in UK shops.
The mags arrive in a plain white envelope and, given the distance they've travelled, are in bloody good condition - I've bought copies from the newsagent that were worse.
Pricewise, an overseas subscription to both mags is *very* reasonable, considering what you're getting.

My only problem now is training the bloody postie NOT TO BEND MY FUCKING PROGS! :-D