Main Menu

Venus Bluegenes

Started by Dai, 04 October, 2002, 05:40:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dai

OK, so now that we've gotten Rogue's timeline all straightened out, can someone tell me what's up with Venus?

I never got to read Rogue Trooper in 2000AD and had to rely on the Quality Comics for my fix.  

I know that she showed up in the Hit series but other than that, I have no history on her.

Can anyone fill me in?

Thanks

Buddy

I'm just glad someones awake this late.

As for Venus - who cares???

Dai

Awake??

Of course I'm awake!

It's 4pm in Western Canada and I'm almost finished work!!

2000AD Online

Venus was Helm's bit of blue who was copping off with Rogue on the quiet. In fact, if it hadn't been for Ms. Bluegenes's strengthening his pod's shielding or summat, Rogue might not have made it as far as the Quartz Zone massacre.

Venus came a cropper when the Southers nuked Caliban, the desert island where she'd been marooned, only to have her image resurrected by those aliens who made Rogue top the Hit Parade.

There was a one-off story featuring Venus in one of the Sci-Fi specials, scripted by Grant Morrison and painted by Will Simpson, IIRC. It's the one with Tyranny Rex using her tail to strangle Woody Allen on the cover if you're interested.

If I'm not mistaken, Venus appeared in a few of those Friday crossovers and even got her own series at one point. But I'd long since stopped reading 2000 AD by then so I might be confusing all that with some Country and Western song.

Art

This tells you just about everything you need to know.http://www.arthurwyatt.co.uk/rogue1.gif">

Oddboy

Yeah Helm, but what YOU gonna do about it?
Sensor Rogue to death?
Better set your phaser to stun.

karne

Helm could have slipped over Rogue's eyes when the Nort's were attacking thus temporarily blinding him and making him a sitting duck.

I'm well aware that Gunnar was the telekinetic one, but he might have left some of his power in Helm's helmet (ooh er!) when Rogue was blinded and put him in the wrong slot (ooooh er!!!!)

Actually I think that took place after the Venus story, but as this is Rogue we're talking about continuity doesn't really matter does it. :-)