Main Menu

RIPs

Started by Quirkafleeg, 27 February, 2006, 03:03:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kerrin

Yeah, he did, March last year.

Maybe LARF means zombie Corey Haim. Finally sent on his way with a sharpened spade.

LARF

Weird it's the top story on the BBC website may ne has has risen from the dead!

Keef Monkey

Someone told me the other day that Neil Young had died, but that seems to be nonsense. Maybe they'd confused him with Gary Moore. Somehow.

I, Cosh

Quote from: LARF on 14 February, 2011, 07:53:50 AM
Weird it's the top story on the BBC website may ne has has risen from the dead!
This happens quite a lot with the top read/recommended stories on the bbc. I assume all it takes is a few people to start e-mailing a story around their mates and it shoots to the top. Other stories you can almost certainly look forward to seeing again in the next six months include:
- The one about the bloke in Sudan who marries a goat.
- The one about the snake that bursts while trying to eat a crocodile.
We never really die.

vzzbux

The remains of original front man of Iron Maiden's career and freedom.
Sad really as I preferred Paul Di'anno's vocals to Bruce Dickinson's.
http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/top-stories/2011/02/12/iron-maiden-hero-paul-di-anno-faces-prison-sentence-for-benefit-fraud-115875-22916767/

V
Drokking since 1972

Peace is a lie, there's only passion.
Through passion, I gain strength.
Through strength I gain power.
Through power, I gain victory.
Through victory, my chains are broken.

radiator

QuoteSomeone told me the other day that Neil Young had died, but that seems to be nonsense. Maybe they'd confused him with Gary Moore. Somehow.

Think I can solve that little mystery - Neil Young did die, just not the Neil Young.

I heard it on the news the other day - think he was a former soccer player or something. I remember thinking that the name might cause some confusion.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Neil_Young_%28footballer_born_1944%29

Greg M.

Quote from: vzzbux on 14 February, 2011, 11:20:23 AM
The remains of original front man of Iron Maiden's career and freedom.
Sad really as I preferred Paul Di'anno's vocals to Bruce Dickinson's.
http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/top-stories/2011/02/12/iron-maiden-hero-paul-di-anno-faces-prison-sentence-for-benefit-fraud-115875-22916767/

Oh dear, oh dear. He always was a little bit of a dodgy fella / geezer / rogue, but it seems to have caught up with him. Saw him live a few years ago, backed up by Maiden Scotland, an Iron Maiden tribute band. They were great, but he was less great, insisting on singing his old hits in an indecipherable death-metal growl quite distant from his charming tones of old.

House of Usher

QuoteSomeone told me the other day that Neil Young had died, but that seems to be nonsense. Maybe they'd confused him with Gary Moore. Somehow.

I was in conversation today with someone who told me that The Queen, the Rothschilds and Andrew Sachs [surely 'Goldman Sachs'?] were all together in a conspiracy of the paparazzi. I presume they meant Illuminati.
STRIKE !!!

johnnystress

was this person having a stroke as they were talking to you?

COMMANDO FORCES

Quote from: johnnystress on 14 February, 2011, 05:04:14 PM
was this person having a stroke as they were talking to you?

Pervert  ::)

johnnystress

http://www.irishtimes.com/newspaper/breaking/2011/0217/breaking25.html

Seinfield's uncle Leo dies

Len Lesser, the veteran character actor best known for his scene-stealing role as Uncle Leo on Seinfeld , has died at the age of 88.

Lesser's family said he died in Burbank, California, yesterday, from cancer-related pneumonia.

His lengthy list of US television credits included parts on Get Smart, That Girl, The Munsters, The Monkees, The Rockford Files, Thirtysomething, ER,  and Everybody Loves Raymond,  which featured Lesser in a recurring role as the arm-shaking Garvin.

His film credits included The Outlaw Josey Wales, Kelly's Heroes, Birdman Of Alcatraz  and Death Hunt.  He most recently appeared on the TV drama Castle .

He is survived by his two children and three grandchildren.

Lesser's daughter Michele said: "Heaven got a great comedian and actor today. The outpouring of sympathy we've already received has been amazing and is so greatly appreciated. Thank you to all the people who helped make my father's last journey special and surrounded with love."

Dandontdare

NOT Mick jagger, despite internet rumours!

Zarjazzer

Quote from: Dandontdare on 17 February, 2011, 02:47:51 PM
NOT Mick jagger, despite internet rumours!

Indeed, though I do admire the wag that twitted Keith Richards is alive.
The Justice department has a good re-education programme-it's called five to ten in the cubes.