Main Menu

The Losers & Jock Interview

Started by CraveNoir, 28 May, 2010, 11:09:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CraveNoir

Goaty

I has see the bootleg opening, it got Jock's artwork of characters in it, good opening, different characters, and well humour too...

CraveNoir

More Jock. More useless reporters.
http://www.dorsetecho.co.uk/news/8190693.Ex_Dorchester_schoolboy_is_man_behind_top_new_film_The_Losers/

"When I was a teenager I was reading a DC comic called 2000AD, which features Judge Dredd, and I decided that's what I wanted to do. "It hasn't stopped and it's getting better. It was a dream come true."

Proudhuff

enjoyed that interview, didn't realise those two looked like, well, fanboys themselves.

Whilst driving past a bus shelter I saw the full sheet ad on the shelter for the film which looks like a great Jock composition.

'AAAH! a Losers poster!' I shouted at Minimini Huff, ' yeah they're everywhere' he replied...

sometimes I find it a bit strange when things I'm into go mainstream, but hey more power to the chaps elbows I say!
DDT did a job on me

Roger Godpleton

Anyone else seen this yet?

There's a couple of missteps like the [spoiler]Robbie Morrison tribute at the start[/spoiler] but otherwise it's a solid action movie which happens to have Stringer Bell in it and Jock drawing the credits. Quite a lot of stuff is lifted directly from the 'mics. If we're making it fight with t'other comic movies then it's better than Iron Man 2 but not as good as Kick-Ass.
He's only trying to be what following how his dreams make you wanna be, man!

Keef Monkey

Always meant to read The Losers because of Diggle and Jock's involvement, but never got round to it. So now I'm in the happy position where I can go into the movie without having any expectations really...

...and I loved it. A really fun action movie with bags of style and attitude and a brilliant set of characters played by a classy cast. Will definitely be picking up the graphic novels now and hoping this gets a sequel because it deserves it (I thought it was better than Iron Man 2 and Kick Ass). The way Jock's art was used in the film oozed style, it were braw. Also, loved that it was filmed in a really stylized way, so obviously pretty shakey cams and a lot of fast editing but crucially the action scenes never became unintelligible, which I find is a problem with a lot of the more stylized action movies these days. Good times.

CraveNoir

Kerrin

Just seen it, and it wasn't shit. Great acting from the majority of the cast, not sure about whatsisface as Clay, but, on the plus side, Jason Patric is admirably demented as Max.

They've gotta do another one though, right? That ending was, pfft, [spoiler]about half way through the original story[/spoiler].

I, Cosh

Saw it this evening and thought it was pretty dreadful. Jock's the best thing about it by a mile.

Jensen was the only character that really worked. A good villain can make up for a lot in an action movie but, quite unlike Kerrin, I thought Max was woeful. On top of that, I found most of the action set pieces to be flat and unexciting.

On the plus side, Zoe Saldana is the new Thandie Newton. I couldn't possibly choose between them, so I'll take them both.
We never really die.

Roger Godpleton

He's only trying to be what following how his dreams make you wanna be, man!

I, Cosh

Quote from: Roger Godpleton on 04 June, 2010, 01:10:08 AM
The soundtrack is naff.
You're not wrong.

I just thought of another thing wrong with it, although this one is more down to me than the film. I've always pronounced Roque like croquet without the c.
We never really die.

Kerrin

Roque like croak, that's my take on it. I think my assessment of "wasn't shit" is fair though, I do admit to spending the first twenty minutes spluttering with indignity at the editing and liabilities they'd taken with the wonderful original, but after that I just went with the flow and semi-enjoyed it. Chris Evans as Jensen was the standout star along with Jock's art at the beginning and end. You're right about the action Cosh, couldn't quite put my finger on it last night, flat and unexciting.

Keef Monkey

That's how it's pronounced in the movie isn't it? At least that's how Mr Comedian/Grey's Anatomy hunk was pronouncing it I'm sure.

James Stacey

I enjoyed it. It was a definite case of style over substance but it was very stylish and slick so that's OK. Have to get the graph now to compare.