Main Menu

Han Solo: A Star Wars Story (2018)

Started by CrazyFoxMachine, 22 October, 2016, 12:26:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Goaty

Okay, let me get this, they only written & directed two comedy spoofs and a cartoon film? So no big loss.

Proudhuff

Quote from: JOE SOAP on 22 October, 2016, 12:18:37 PM

Personally I find the balance of elder Han's mirth and pathos worked well in his reluctant mentor/torch-carrying role and the idea of Han & Leia being great rebels but shitty parents rings true. For me these aren't TFA's glaring issues but more that Rey's search for Luke - the outlines of his myth - and Han's search for Kylo - their relationship - both get distracted by Death Stars before getting to that sacrificial end.

As a crap rebel but excellent parent, or is it the other way round? I'm with Joe on this one  :thumbsup:
DDT did a job on me

Eric Plumrose

Quote from: ABCwarBOT on 21 June, 2017, 03:13:06 AM
I just couldn't imagine RP as a young Harrison Ford and wasn't fussed on the stories either.

That was Sean Patrick Flanery.
Not sure if pervert or cheesecake expert.

IAMTHESYSTEM

I want Greedo in this Movie. Han could witness Greedo firing first on some lowlife Bounty scum, therefore, justifying Solo's underhand tactics at the Mos Eisley cantina. Reservoir Dogs in Space will always sound cool to small minded, impressionable people like me so I hope that's the aim they're heading for here.
"You may live to see man-made horrors beyond your comprehension."

http://artriad.deviantart.com/
― Nikola Tesla

TordelBack

Quote from: IAMTHESYSTEM on 21 June, 2017, 10:25:48 AM
I want Greedo in this Movie. Han could witness Greedo firing first on some lowlife Bounty scum, therefore, justifying Solo's underhand tactics at the Mos Eisley cantina. Reservoir Dogs in Space will always sound cool to small minded, impressionable people like me so I hope that's the aim they're heading for here.

Sir, the possibility of successfully navigating a Han Solo origin flick without referencing Greedo shooting in a specific order is approximately 3,720 to 1.

von Boom

Quote from: TordelBack on 21 June, 2017, 01:34:46 PM
Quote from: IAMTHESYSTEM on 21 June, 2017, 10:25:48 AM

Sir, the possibility of successfully navigating a Han Solo origin flick without referencing Greedo shooting in a specific order is approximately 3,720 to 1.

Never tell me the odds.

JOE SOAP

GordonR

Quote from: JOE SOAP on 22 June, 2017, 04:02:27 PM
Richie Cunningham is taking over.

My social media feed showed that Ron Howard just happened to be in the UK last week, having story development meetings with a British author of my vague acquaintance, whose book he's bought the movie rights to.

How entirely coincidental that he should be in the UK just as things are falling apart at Pinewood and that he could be announced as replacement director so quickly.

von Boom

Michael Knight

Happy days!!!!!!! Sorry couldn't resist it.

Michael Knight

I think this could be great news though. Do like most of his films! Cocoon, Willow, Apollo 13 et al. I'm really hoping they do Han Solo justice! Please don't mess this up Disney!

JOE SOAP

Now I'll being watching the film thinking who shot what first.

TordelBack

Arf!

A largely internet-free holiday (other than the odd visit here) meant that I missed this news.  No question that Howard has the skill and experience, but bringing in a Lucas-era man (American Graffiti actor, Willow director) who now cranks out Dan Brown adaptations to order doesn't say a lot for the freshness of Disney's latest experiment.  Hopefully we'll see some Cocoon/Apollo 13 Howard and not Angels & Demons/Far & Away Howard.

New set photos remain as uninspiring as the entire idea of this movie, but hey ho.

JLC

Quote from: JOE SOAP on 22 June, 2017, 07:20:27 PM
Now I'll being watching the film thinking who shot what first.
First class sir!

As for the film. Not sure to be honest. Although I did enjoy the Lando comic which gave some backstory.

SIP

Quote from: TordelBack on 12 July, 2017, 04:25:28 PM
Arf!

A largely internet-free holiday (other than the odd visit here) meant that I missed this news.  No question that Howard has the skill and experience, but bringing in a Lucas-era man (American Graffiti actor, Willow director) who now cranks out Dan Brown adaptations to order doesn't say a lot for the freshness of Disney's latest experiment.  Hopefully we'll see some Cocoon/Apollo 13 Howard and not Angels & Demons/Far & Away Howard.

New set photos remain as uninspiring as the entire idea of this movie, but hey ho.

The reality is,  Kasdan is ghost directing this one I think.