Main Menu

Spider-man samples

Started by Kev Levell, 14 August, 2009, 09:48:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jim_Campbell

Oh ... and I meant to add that hyphenation is OK in words that actually have hyphens, like "spider-sense", or in compound words where a hyphen wouldn't look out of place, such as breaking "firepower" into "fire-power", although this latter should really only be used in emergencies, where the alternative looks bloody 'orrible.

Cheers!

Jim
Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

Emperor

Excellent lettering masterclass!!

Not quite a lettering issue but looking closely at the lettering I suspect there is an over-use of ellipsis - you could probably save them for the end.
if I went 'round saying I was an Emperor just because some moistened bint had lobbed a scimitar at me, they'd put me away!

Fractal Friction | Tumblr | Google+

Mike Gloady

And THAT, ladies and gentlemen, is why he's a pro.

That and bribery.   ;)
New in town?  Follow this link for a guide to the Greatest Threads Ever

Kev Levell

Thanks for taking the time and interest to do that Jim - much appreciated. Your version of the lettering ROCKS by the way...

Very informative and exactly the kind of stuff that's going to be useful next time I'm thinking about lettering.

Cheers for all the comments everyone!

Jim_Campbell

Oh , ahh ... one more thing ... </columbo>

Thanks for the kind words, Kev.

FWIW, I'm happy to letter the odd sample page or two for artists' portfolios -- not just any old Tom, Dick or Harry, you understand, but if any of the talented artists on here have samples they feel would look better lettered but don't feel up to the job, PM me or drop me an e-mail, because I can probably fit you in, provided you're not taking the piss ...!

Cheers!

Jim
Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.