Main Menu

Wanted: 2000ad Reviewers!

Started by Dom Coreburner, 09 September, 2009, 05:39:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dom Coreburner

Aloha!

As I said in my intro post, I'm looking for staff. And since we have a lot of experts here, I figure that maybe one or more of you guys would be interested in reviewing the Progs and/or the Megazines for this site I'm running. I think that 2000ad deserves more spotlight in this new-age thing known as "Internet press" and since I already do the whole reviewing bit, I want 2000ad to be included, since it's really good and nobody really seems to care outside the hardcore fandom.

Basically, what I'm looking for is someone who can:

- Knows a bit about image editing
- Has a scanner, or access to one.
- Can write in English without mistakes
- Has time to write one article every week on Wednesdays
- Knows his/her way around computers a bit
- Knows at least the basics of 2000ad

Typically, an article is 2500 characters long (spaces included,) which is about three quarters of a page. You'll be writing about the stories and their executions and follow the model already on the site.

We've been doing reviews for over two years now and we're here to stay. We have a dedicated team and you can count on being taught the skills you need and supported whenever you need help.

Also, we don't expect you to write reviews that are dry and boring. Write in a lively, fresh and active tone, swear if you have to, gush if you need to. That's the sort of thing we do. And you are allowed to be honest. If you think that Prog #X was crap, then you're allowed to say that.

In any case, if you're interested, drop me a line. And you can look at the site Here!

Jim_Campbell

Quote from: Dom Coreburner on 09 September, 2009, 05:39:49 PM

In any case, if you're interested, drop me a line. And you can look at the site Here!

I'm interested, but your e-mail address is hidden (quite sensibly) on your profile. Drop me a line on jimDOTcampbellATmacDOTcom if you want to follow up.

Cheers

Jim
Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

ozebane

I've PM'd you with an introduction and a brief sample of my work.
I look forward to hearing from you!

ozebane

Emperor

That was quick and it is a good review (although did you mean "droll"?) - grabs the reader and then does the job. Perhaps a mention of the cover might be an idea in the future might be an idea.

I see they also have reviews from a different reviewer on:

1650:
http://comics.thecoreburner.net/2000ad/2000ad-prog-1650.html

1652:
http://comics.thecoreburner.net/2000ad/2000ad-prog-1652.html

It is good to see the 2000AD love spreading.

It was a pity that Comics Bulletin's 2000AD reviews keep faltering so quickly, so if anyone still has a hankering to review 2000AD somewhere out there then drop them a line (if 2000ADReview has no need of new reviewers naturally).
if I went 'round saying I was an Emperor just because some moistened bint had lobbed a scimitar at me, they'd put me away!

Fractal Friction | Tumblr | Google+

ozebane

Thanks!
The cover is definitely something i'll be mentioning in future. It was a bit of a struggle to cover everything in the Meg within the character limit, but that should be no problem for the weekly progs.