Main Menu

How Much!!!!

Started by EddieHitler, 10 September, 2019, 04:44:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sheridan

I mentioned it on this thread, but without giving the scalper publicity.

I, Cosh

Always feel this is the appropriate response when people get outraged about these kind of selling prices!

Quote from: Henry IV, Part IGlendower: I can call spirits from the vasty deep.

Hotspur: Why, so can I, or so can any man; But will they come when you do call for them?
We never really die.

EddieHitler

Quote from: sheridan on 10 September, 2019, 05:21:24 PM

Sorry, not so much outraged but shocked that somebody would ask so much.........

"Earth provides enough to satisfy every man's needs, but not every man's greed."

:D

JayzusB.Christ

Quote from: EddieHitler on 11 September, 2019, 02:43:15 PM

Sorry, not so much outraged but shocked that somebody would ask so much.........

"Earth provides enough to satisfy every man's needs, but not every man's greed."

What a gobshite. I hope Nemesis jumps up out of his book, sticks his fist in his gob and spreads his fingers.
"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

Heath C Ackley

When I first saw the title of this thread I thought my Dad had started posting!
"Give a man a mask and he will give you the truth."

EddieHitler

Quote from: JayzusB.Christ on 11 September, 2019, 09:32:54 PM

What a gobshite. I hope Nemesis jumps up out of his book, sticks his fist in his gob and spreads his fingers.

Who?  Me or Gandhi? 

karlos

Whoever decided that "out of print" = automatically worth a ton more than cover price, should be fed to pigs.

Hawkmumbler

I stuck with my standard editions and now i'm glad I did, theres a headache in limited editions thats not worth the agro.

EddieHitler

Quote from: karlos on 12 September, 2019, 12:59:26 PM
Whoever decided that "out of print" = automatically worth a ton more than cover price, should be fed to pigs.

Apologies to all, sometimes I get a little confused.

:-X

JayzusB.Christ

Quote from: EddieHitler on 12 September, 2019, 12:42:51 PM
Quote from: JayzusB.Christ on 11 September, 2019, 09:32:54 PM

Who?  Me or Gandhi?

Not you obviously, old fellow. I meant the chap who is trying to fleece people for some funnybook reprints with a new cover.
"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

rogue69

Dark Jimbo

Quote from: rogue69 on 12 September, 2019, 05:25:59 PM
Someone is trying to sell Nemesis book 3 from the 2000AD Ultimate Collection for £199.99

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Nemesis-the-Warlock-Vol-3-2000AD-Ultimate-Collection-New-Sealed-HB/352422873578?

What makes me laugh is that he's not even thrown in free postage!  :lol:
@jamesfeistdraws

rogue69

this guy has truly lost it by trying to charge £999.99 for each of these copies from the Judge Dredd Mega Collection

https://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/m.html?_ssn=readmore.books&_from=R40&_sacat=0&_nkw=judge+dredd&_sop=16

IndigoPrime

These prices are insane, but when you look through eBay's sold listings, you do see people doing quite well in flipping certain titles. The Dredd and 2000 AD Hachette collections often sell for around the 15–20 mark, at leat if the seller gets them on eBay early enough. (Then at the other end of the scale, I find people giving me absurdly low offers for spares and unwanted sealed volumes, that'd mean I'd end up paying them to take the books off my hands. Er, no.)