Main Menu

Biscuits

Started by The Enigmatic Dr X, 08 March, 2023, 03:31:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Definitely Not Mister Pops

Quote from: The Legendary Shark on 09 March, 2023, 12:14:44 AMHmmm, I forgot about ginger nuts...

Well I'm a brunette so I can't help you there.

Quote from: The Legendary Shark on 09 March, 2023, 01:07:12 AMFinally, in the hope of getting a definitive answer, I contacted the King.

I asked him too. He said "HOW THE DEVIL DID THIS NINNY GET IN MY ROYAL CHAMBERS!?" Kings have too much breeding to swear.
You may quote me on that.

JohnW

Quote from: Rara Avis on 09 March, 2023, 06:36:03 PMpleasant buttery biscuit with a good crumb, smooth and well proportioned filling
You, sir, are a real biscuitman: talking real, no-nonsense, biscuitmanlike sense.
Why can't everybody just, y'know, be friends and everything? ... and uh ... And love each other!

Rara Avis

I have to admit I'm also a fan of the custard cream's cousin the Jersey Cream.

Not the ones that are like custard creams; it must be the Jersey Cream finger.
That rich tea meets custard cream biscuit with that butter flavour filling hits just a little different.

Trooper McFad

Is the love of favourite biscuits restricted to shop bought ones if not I do love my mother in-laws German/empire biscuits and my Daughters chocolate chip cookies but you'd have to take my word for it. 😁
Citizens are Perps who haven't been caught ... yet!

Rara Avis

Not at all Trooper but you will need to send every participating member of this thread a decent sample of said biscuits for review of course.

Quote from: Trooper McFad on 09 March, 2023, 08:28:11 PMIs the love of favourite biscuits restricted to shop bought ones if not I do love my mother in-laws German/empire biscuits and my Daughters chocolate chip cookies but you'd have to take my word for it. 😁

My choice of shortbread was based on my mother's shortbread. Which she has not made since being diagnosed as celiac... :'(

Funt Solo

Something about the sticky wafer that places these in some kind of biscuit top ten. Colin? A vote?
++ A-Z ++  coma ++

Magnetica

Extremely chocolatey shortbread rounds.

Mostly chocolate with a bit of shortbread in the middle.

Can't beat 'em.

I think I have figured it out.

You know when you pull the wee tab that's connected to the red strip, which cleanly opens the packet...

...and then there's one biscuit in the "lid" of the packet?

That's the best biscuit.

Barrington Boots

There's some fine cases for delicious biscuits on this thread, but surely Lemon Puffs are the devils work.

Quote from: Definitely Not Mister Pops on 10 March, 2023, 08:55:28 AMI think I have figured it out.

You know when you pull the wee tab that's connected to the red strip, which cleanly opens the packet...

That's the best biscuit.

This is legit.
You're a dark horse, Boots.

The Legendary Shark

Quote from: Definitely Not Mister Pops on 10 March, 2023, 08:55:28 AMI think I have figured it out.

That's the best biscuit.

When I pull the wee tab that's connected to the red strip in order to open the packet, one of three things usually happens:

1 - The tab comes off meaning that I have to take a knife to the packet.
2 - The red strip transpires to be unconnected to the rest of the packet and just comes away as a pretty red ribbon ideal for tying up very small documents so that I once gain need a knife.
3 - There is no wee tab to begin with, or it's there but somehow become nothing more than a decal on the packet, so it's back to the knife again.

I think the flap biscuit is the buffer biscuit, because it's always broken. Usually by the clumsy application of a knife.

[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

The Legendary Shark

[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

Hawkmumbler

Du dun.

Duuu dun.

Dunk it dunk it dunk it DUNKIT DUNKIT DUNKIT.

The Legendary Shark

:lol:

I thought somebody said we were getting a like button...?

[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]