Main Menu

Non 2000ad artwork that you own ....

Started by Fatboydale, 20 January, 2013, 07:32:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ming

Quote from: Colin YNWA on 11 January, 2021, 01:39:06 PM
I do adore those Mr X images. I picked up some collections of Mr X stuff a while and ago and they are steadily working their way to the top of the pile (spreadsheet) I'm really looking forward to reading them as I remember loving the bits I had back in the day. Well loving and being baffled by in equal measure as I recall.

I loved the first series of Mr X as a kid; the follow-up series (not really following on story-wise as far as I remember) was patchy but had its moments - and some great covers.  The original run was incredible though - by the sound of it we had a similar experience with it (I had a vague grasp of what was going on but it looked GREAT).

Colin YNWA

Ohhh man its been too long since we had this thread up and running and boy did it take some tracking down. But here we are and I'm delighted to say I have a couple if new pieces to share.

Firstly from Chris Askham's Kickstarter for his quite brilliant small press title Switchblade Stories a page from issue 3

I adore this page. Its as if its something from The Warriors, which is kinda fitting as my package from Chris also included an Artzine of said cinematic masterpiece which he threw in cos I forgot to order it!

Chris Askham is GREAT!

Colin YNWA

Second up from Shift Comic's Winter Special Kickstarter (I know, I know it took its time!) a page from Chris Geary's stunningly wonderful Kora.

This page is quite brilliant

So much process stuff you don't see in the final image - its superb, it really is. If you've not read Kora you really should check it out AND he sent me a free head sketch as well! Well I say sketch this is a truly fantastic picture.

Barrington Boots

Glorious stuff Colin!
Really like the look of Switchblade Stories in B&W
You're a dark horse, Boots.

The Mind of Wolfie Smith

lovely hint of a hernandez bros vibe in that switchblade stories page.
will definitely investigate.

Barrington Boots

Handily timed with this thread being exhumed I got this back from the framing place this weekend - a John Cooper page from Battle Action Force in 1986.

BAF was my comic of choice back then and it's given me a lifetime love of John Cooper's work - it's all square jawed heroes and bloodless, frenetic violence. There is so much action packed into this single page
It also looks ace in a proper frame: I've just started the process of getting some of the art I own done like this and whilst costly it looks fantastic.

Colin YNWA

Oh wow Barrington Boots that's brill - LOVE John Cooper and one day i will get a Johnny Red page by him, one day...

Barrington Boots

Cheers Colin! I'd love a JC Johnny Red page also. I have, however, run out of wall to hang anything else!

Colin YNWA

Quote from: Barrington Boots on 23 May, 2022, 09:52:26 AM
Cheers Colin! I'd love a JC Johnny Red page also. I have, however, run out of wall to hang anything else!

Isn't that what house extensions are for?

broodblik

Quote from: Barrington Boots on 23 May, 2022, 09:52:26 AM

I have space
When I die, I want to die like my grandfather who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car.

Old age is the Lord's way of telling us to step aside for something new. Death's in case we didn't take the hint.

Barrington Boots

Nice one. I'll hang it at your place should I ever get one then!

Link Prime

Great page Barrington.

BAF and Coop - what more could you ever want?