Main Menu

zombie army trilogy

Started by Gladwin, 08 January, 2015, 04:45:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gladwin

zombie army trilogy has been anounced for xbox one, ps4, and pc. Trailer looks really good. I will may buy this. If Rebellion put in some 2000ad skins (dredd, alpha, etc). It would be a definite purchase.

IAMTHESYSTEM

SOLD!

Taking on a Zombie Hitler is to good a gaming experience to miss.
"You may live to see man-made horrors beyond your comprehension."

http://artriad.deviantart.com/
― Nikola Tesla

Theblazeuk

I wish rebellion would do more with their licenses :/

Keef Monkey

Quote from: Theblazeuk on 02 February, 2015, 10:32:59 AM
I wish rebellion would do more with their licenses :/

I'd love to see more 2000AD games (I thought Rogue Trooper was fantastic), but I'd rather they were releasing successful games to be honest and doing well. Sniper Elite and Nazi Zombie Army are big sellers and (in my opinion) really fun and satisfying games so I'm perfectly happy for them to focus on those.

Saying that, if they were ever going to make another Dredd game then now would be the time to do it, the sleeper success of the movie probably has the franchise in the public awareness a lot more than it perhaps was when Dredd vs Death came out.

Anyway, I'll be getting this collection!

Theblazeuk

Part of my desire is fueled by memories of the first time I ever heard of them; the loading screen to AVP (1999), a game which pulled off asymmetrical gameplay and terrifying scares despite an almost complete lack of AI or narrative.

Keef Monkey

Not long to go until this is out, just put down a pre-order.

Zarjazzer

Fun but  difficult especially that part at the new trilogy ending where the corridors close in and you have hordes of the [spoiler]armoured[/spoiler] zombies and a Mg42 near immortal after you. Those pesky [spoiler]chainsaw[/spoiler] horrors are a pain too.
The Justice department has a good re-education programme-it's called five to ten in the cubes.

Keef Monkey

The main appeal is playing with buddies, having some great fun planning for hordes and then just frantically running around like headless chickens trying to salvage things when it all goes tits-up and special zombies appear.

Really fun.

Alec Worley

Wotcha!

Did any of you guys see the freebie comic Team 2000 AD did for this (script by me, art by Ben Willsher and P.J. Holden, colours by Steve Design, letters by Pye Parr and a cover by Luke Preece)...?

IAMTHESYSTEM

No so where can this tasty delight be obtained?
"You may live to see man-made horrors beyond your comprehension."

http://artriad.deviantart.com/
― Nikola Tesla

Keef Monkey

Saw PJ tweet about it but wasn't sure how to get a copy!

Alec Worley

I think certain stores were giving it away on the day of release. Info-wise, I found this, but it's all Greek to me... http://gr.ign.com/zombie-army-trilogy-ps4/14906/news/to-komik-tou-zombie-army-trilogy

Famous Mortimer

Quote from: Keef Monkey on 02 February, 2015, 11:36:34 AM
Saying that, if they were ever going to make another Dredd game then now would be the time to do it, the sleeper success of the movie probably has the franchise in the public awareness a lot more than it perhaps was when Dredd vs Death came out.

For "sleeper success", read "a fan unable to write the word failure".

Keef Monkey

Quote from: Famous Mortimer on 29 March, 2015, 11:44:46 AM
Quote from: Keef Monkey on 02 February, 2015, 11:36:34 AM

For "sleeper success", read "a fan unable to write the word failure".

Not really - wasn't implying any financial success, because it was of course a massive failure in that regard.

I meant that the awareness of the character is much higher now than it was when the film came out, given that word of mouth turned it into a bit of a cult favorite and the sequel campaign got a lot of buzz going. I know a ton of people who had no clue about Dredd who have now watched the movie on Netflix or Blu-ray/DVD through recommendations from friends and seeing the movie raved about online. The Dredd movie might have flopped but it did wonders for the brand.

Leads me to believe that a Dredd game wouldn't necessarily be the gamble it once was, that's all.