General Chat > Games

PlayStation 5 / Xbox Series X mega-thread!

(1/10) > >>

Darren Stephens:
Now that both consoles have been revealed, it's safe to say the next gen is looking pretty darn cool. For me, it's going to be the PS5 rather than the Xbox. Anyone else looking to pick up a new console? If so which one and what games are you camping at the bit to play?

WhizzBang:
I have heard about the XBox Series X for a while now and have only just realised from this thread that it is a new console - I had assumed it was yet another iteration of the XBox One. I think there could be a danger here that MS are are going to fall into the same problem Nintendo had with the Wii U where it wasn't obvious that it was a new and better machine than the Wii.

MumboJimbo:
It’s early days, but I agree - the PS5 looks the more interesting proposition with what we know so far. I think the fast SSD and custom SSD controller have the potential to be a real game changer. The Ratchet and Clank game seems to show this off very well, as it appears to instantly transport you to entirely new game areas without any discernible pause for loading the new data. As we’re very much in the realm of diminishing returns with graphics improvements, it’s something like this that gives you a “this wasn’t possible before” feeling, which is what’s needed when a new generation arrives.

The Enigmatic Dr X:
Honestly? I will probably buy a PC.

JamesC:
I'm not really buying the hype yet.
Last generation they were saying loading times would be a thing of the past. That was a load of rubbish. They also launched with hard drives which weren't really big enough.
For this generation all I really wanted was controllers with decent DPads (the PS5 still has the crappy segmented design) and a simple console design that would fit nicely under the telly.
It doesn't look like either will deliver on that score.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version