2000 AD > General

Shaggy Dog Story v Roadhouse - Bolt-01 Cup - Qualifying - Relaunch: Game 01

<< < (2/4) > >>

I, Cosh:

--- Quote from: broodblik on 26 July, 2021, 08:51:40 AM ---Just a general question related to Johnny Alpha stories: after the final solution what was the next Alpha story to be publish, was it "The Kreeler Conspiracy"?

--- End quote ---
Unless you count Judgement Day, then yes. Full listings here: Strontium Dog on Barney.

broodblik:
Thanks Cosh, so I only then have The Kreeler Conspiracy and Roadhouse missing on my quest to read all that is Alpha

Magnetica:
Don’t have a great recollection of either of these. I tend not to like stories where the protagonists are trapped in a series of rooms or worlds, even if it is just a plot device. Or should that be because it’s a plot device?

So I’m going for Shaggy Dog Story.

Barrington Boots:
I’m also going for Shaggy Dog Story. It's far more memorable than Roadhouse, which I didn't think was amazing, and it's also far more fun.

Dark Jimbo:
Shaggy Dog Story is... fine. But it's one joke stretched much too far, and not hugely memorable as a story. And such a damp squib of an ending - after all that, Alpha has to just let the villain go?!

Roadhouse was the first long-form Strontium Dog Story I read in its entirety, and made me go 'Ah, okay. I get it.' Oodles of fun, stuffed full of distinct characters, and in glorious black and white. It's Journey into Hell done right.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version