Spoilers > Prog

Prog 2249 - Her father's PSIs

<< < (2/6) > >>

Barrington Boots:
Wednesday prog for me, what is this postal devilry? So starved am I of Thrill-Power I have already read it, here's my early thoughts.

Dredd It seems I'm in the minority but I felt this was a substandard Dredd. One note villain and the story was pretty much by the numbers and lacked any of the nuance we normally see in a Niemand tale. The art's not for me either. Disappointing.

3riller Mixed feelings on this one. Decent little story - nice art, quick pace, but obviously a setup, either for another Thriller or a longer run: I think the concept has legs (I don't think the 'ancient god return' thing is overused) and I'd definitely read it but I find the protagonists Spiderman-esque quippy dialogue to be somewhat annoying. Other than that, this was good if not stellar.

Skip Tracer Definitely seems like the last ever time we'll see this and I can't say I'm sorry about it. I feel like we've given this strip a lot of chances, and whilst I don't hate it like some do it's rarely risen above mediocre and unlike, say, Night Zero which was also full of cliche but at least full of crazy ideas, it wasn't really that much fun. I liked the decapitation in this epsiode but in the end it finishes as it lived: in a boring manner. Nice art though!

Terror Tale Looked fantastic but what on earth was going on here? I only read it once, in fairness, but didn't have a clue and sadly, like Colin said, I don't really want to read it again.

Jaegir Good but frustratingly all too short. Here's what I'm not sure of on this one: the Kali virus is some kind of flesh-eating biological weapon that the Southers are desperate to stop, but... isn't Nu-Earth already loaded with stuff like this? How is this worse than all the other awful stuff the Norts and Southers are throwing at each other? I assumed it was going to work through containment suits or something.
Anyway, as per last week this is grim stuff and evil Atalia is very evil here. I hope, going forward, she remains a complex character rather than full on irredeemable villain - or failing that we have more from Klaur's perspective as he's an interesting character in his own right.

Roll on next week.

Barrington Boots:
I've literally just got the cover tagline. Doh!

Funt Solo:
More realistic hold, with ubiquitous drool spreading slowly across arm:

The Corinthian:

--- Quote from: Barrington Boots on 15 September, 2021, 10:48:03 AM ---Here's what I'm not sure of on this one: the Kali virus is some kind of flesh-eating biological weapon that the Southers are desperate to stop, but... isn't Nu-Earth already loaded with stuff like this? How is this worse than all the other awful stuff the Norts and Southers are throwing at each other? I assumed it was going to work through containment suits or something.
--- End quote ---

I get the impression it might be something that's engineered to target Southers specifically.

--- Quote ---Anyway, as per last week this is grim stuff and evil Atalia is very evil here. I hope, going forward, she remains a complex character rather than full on irredeemable villain - or failing that we have more from Klaur's perspective as he's an interesting character in his own right.
--- End quote ---

The whole thing feels far more mature and interesting than the "Durham Red kills innocent people now and that's fine, it makes her edgy" kerfuffle from earlier this year.

Freddychopper:
Aargh! Loved the Dredd but should have been way longer. So much potential and fantastic Percival artwork.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version