Main Menu

This is the News!

Started by Funt Solo, 28 March, 2022, 05:16:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JayzusB.Christ

Quote from: Tjm86 on 05 July, 2022, 07:37:45 PM
("Toraidhe" - plunderer / thief (thanks to our Emerald cousins)).

Well, I never knew that, and I'm an emerald cousin.  Well, half-cousin, I suppose, my mam came here from Lancashire.

Which is why the Fomorians came from Tory Island, I would imagine.
"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

Tiplodocus

Those resignation letters are brutal!
Be excellent to each other. And party on!

Jim_Campbell

We're up to ten resignations of ministers, party officials and PPSs (possibly more in the half an hour since I last checked), plus Lord Frost, chief Brexit 'negotiator' sticking the knife in on Twitter (and saying he'll have more to say in a Telegraph column tomorrow). Plus MP Andrew Bridgen saying he'll be talking to the 1922 committee about changing the rules on no confidence votes.

Given that Johnson has already announced replacements for most of the resignees, it's clear that they'll have to drag him out of No 10 kicking and screaming.

Which is fine with me.
Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

JayzusB.Christ

I'm hoping that Gove, Patel and the J-Dogg will have their reputations tarnished for a long time to come for sticking with the Clown Prince.   As for Dorries, it's hard to imagine her looking even more ridiculous than she already does.
"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

Definitely Not Mister Pops

Who will replace him?

I suppose that's up to Putin
You may quote me on that.

Funt Solo

At the moment it seems like Grant "Confidence Trickster" Schapps, Brandon Lewis and Nadhim Zahawi have been tasked with actually dragging Boris out of Number 10.
++ A-Z ++  coma ++

The Mind of Wolfie Smith

does johnson age in real time?
it's just that he seems to have aged spectacularly today.
and are the clones ready?

Funt Solo

Quote from: Funt Solo on 06 July, 2022, 06:40:01 PM
At the moment it seems like Grant "Confidence Trickster" Schapps, Brandon Lewis and Nadhim Zahawi have been tasked with actually dragging Boris out of Number 10.

Although they're going to have get through his Pretorian Guard (Adolfo Rees-Mogg & Nadine Dumass) first. I'm imagining scenes...
++ A-Z ++  coma ++

Tjm86

Over 30 ministerial resignations, committee meetings being cancelled due to a lack of ministerial representation, delegation of cabinet members in Downing street telling Johnson he must go and Johnson apparently telling them he's going nowhere ...

It would be mildly amusing if this were some sort of comedy drama.  The fact that this is our current government is nothing short of terrifying.  8-0

The Mind of Wolfie Smith

priti patel has told bojo to go.
this is like sinfield telling you that he's had enough of your dishonesty and duplicity.

Leigh S

Boris's mandate arguemtn is such nonsense - what people thoguht about him 3 years ago before he proved his critics right is not really relevant to what the here andd now is

It's like finding the Bank Manager had been embezzling funds, but going "yeah, but his job interview was amazing, best we ever had"

The Mind of Wolfie Smith

yep.

and now he's sacked gove. this is better than shakespeare:

'you cannot have a snake who is not with you on any of the big arguments who then gleefully briefs the press that he has called for the leader to go.'

Barrington Boots

He seems to have forgotten the mandate was for Tories, not for him personally. Not surprising as he 'forgot' one of his toadies was a sex offender.
As I type, hearing he's agreed to resign if he can stay on till the Autumn...
You're a dark horse, Boots.

Richmond Clements

I don't think they'll let him stay on. It would be carnage every time he was interviewed or stood at the dispatch box.

Jim_Campbell

I have been offering my opinion on this news to my neighbours via the medium of Julian Cope.

(Note: link is appropriate, but somewhat NSFW.)
Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.