Main Menu

Logan, a question for you....

Started by Thread Zero, 31 October, 2001, 07:21:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Thread Zero

Logan,

You say you know John Wagner.
I don't doubt you.

Do you know what his view is on writing a new Dredd screenplay?

With the news of the Rebellion deal with Shoreline Entertainment, has John considered writing a screenplay?

Love to know.

scojo

W. R. Logan

>Logan,
>
>You say you know John Wagner.
>I don[backslash]'t doubt you.

I have written to John many times. The letters are sat on his desk and if you ask him I'm sure he can prove as much 8-)

>Do you know what his view is on writing a new Dredd screenplay?
>With the news of the Rebellion deal with Shoreline Entertainment, has John considered writing a screenplay?

He's aware of the movie deal, will he write a screenplay treatment, his answer:
'Maybe'

La Placa Rifa,
W. R. Logan.

Link: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/theclassof79" target="_blank">The Class Of '79

Thread Zero

Maybe?

Oh well it isn't a no then!

Here's an intersting so called fact I have discovered.

Generally in Hollywood a screenwriter is paid between O.5% to 1% of the total budget.

So if a movie is budgeted at $100 million, the writer can expect to be paid a cool mill!

This is not an absolute rule but from what I have read on the subject, this is generally the case.

So say it is $30 mill budget for both Dredd's that should equal ...one hundred and fifty to three hundred thousand dollars. Or the pounds sterling equivalent.
If my maths are correct!

Maybe you should tell John that!

scojo

fraston

hey scojo, have a butchers at this site.
http://www.scriptsales.com/
now THAT'll make yer sick...:)

Fraston

Thread Zero

Yeah Fraston,

What they normally do is not disclose the exact amount a screenplay was sold for.

They just say "low, mid or high six figures!"

But if they pay the screenwriter a low amount, more can be spent on the actual budget!:o)

scojo the accountant

Jim_Campbell

> hey scojo, have a butchers at this site.

Ermm ... I couldn't help noticing they have a report on the Watchmen script (high seven figures, no mention of Alan Moore) up there ...?

... I thought that project was deader than something very dead indeed. That had been killed twice more, just to be on the safe side ...

Cheers

Jim
Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

Thread Zero

I saw something similar. In fact I think I can show you where you can actually read a Watchman sceenplay!

I shall be back!

scojo goes into the spider's web that is the net

Thread Zero

Script Report: WATCHMEN

Universal Pictures has optioned rights to DC Comics' comic-book graphic novel series WATCHMEN and has signed screenwriter David Hayter (X-MEN) for a seven-figure deal to adapt. Reports say Hayter may also direct.

The project will reunite Hayter with the studio for which he wrote drafts of such macho projects as the THE SCORPION KING.

WATCHMEN begins in the 1950s, when a normal everyday Joe puts on a mask and superhero costume and starts kicking criminal ass. It is a crime-conspiracy story that provided the first realistic look at the behind-the-heroics lives of superhero archetypes. The film's storyline begins with the mysterious murder of a couple of the former crimefighters.

from www.screenwritersutopia.com
scojo

Thread Zero

jim,

go to http://fearfulsymmetry.batcave.net/

There is the complete 1989 screenplay of Watchman to read.

scojo

Matt

H'mmm, thanks for that Scojo, I've never seen this before. First few pages seem to lack Moores deconstructional vision. Will plow on though.

Thread Zero

Matt,
I can show you the site which has Wagner and Grant's Dredd screenplay if you like.

scojo

That was a joke actually.

The Love Doctor

Um love doctor say ARGHHHHH!!!!!!!!! Watchmen film better be brilliant or docotr SMASH!!!!!!