Main Menu

2000AD: Project Sketchbook

Started by ming, 16 November, 2013, 04:44:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Colin YNWA

norton canes

Quote from: ming on 28 September, 2018, 09:59:06 AM
No good pic of Cam's contribution yet but this one recently came in from the lovely Dom Reardon:

That's Hannah-mazing illustration :)

ming

A recent contribution from Colin MacNeil - so, so good.  This emerged around the time that Harvey popped his metal clogs and brought a tear to many an eye.

Fungus

A double-page spread. The cheek   :)

Bolt-01

I love the weathering on that. Colin is just an astounding artist. We are so lucky to have him.

ming

Quote from: Bolt-01 on 22 March, 2019, 10:15:12 AM
I love the weathering on that. Colin is just an astounding artist. We are so lucky to have him.

Yeah, Colin is an outstanding artist and seeing his less-is-more approach first-hand is just a joy.  Deceptively simple and I love it to bits.

Wiggz

Thats so cool! Nice one Ming!

ming

Quote from: Wiggz on 26 March, 2019, 07:56:16 PM
Thats so cool! Nice one Ming!

Thanks, Wiggz - I know you'll love this latest one from Chris W as well - would look great side-by-side with your Blitzspears piece...  I'd love to see a one-off Nemesis story rendered in glorious B&W Weston-vision.

Rogue Judge

Wow, two incredible double splash pages in a row, nice! MacNeil's blocks of black and white create a powerful image and Weston's art is so creepy and detailed, both amazing. Congrats!

ming

Quote from: Rogue Judge on 24 April, 2019, 02:57:52 AM
Wow, two incredible double splash pages in a row, nice! MacNeil's blocks of black and white create a powerful image and Weston's art is so creepy and detailed, both amazing. Congrats!

Thanks!  Chris W has done three pieces for the sketchbooks (Kano in 2013, Don Uggie in 2014 and now this) and they're all absolutely glorious.

Wiggz

That Weston Piece is beautiful - another great addition to your amazing books Ming! As always - thanx for sharing.

ming

Yes, it's still going.

A beautiful contribution from the awesome Rich Elson: Gene Dog resists being taken for walkies by Wrath & Bode.  There's no deadlines on any of these so they appear when they appear but when the four books are full it'll all be over (and we're closing on on that now).

Bolt-01

Oh my giddy aunt - that is just wonderful!

Colin YNWA

Oh now it is double brilliant to see this again and tantalising that its close to an end.These will be exquisite items when finished.

ming

Thanks, fellas - the whole thing is a continual joy, although looking back it's laughable that I thought I'd get all this done and dusted within a year or two.  Not sure how many pages are left overall.  One book is done once Glenn Fabry gets back to Belfast, another is (I think) being finished off by the current babysitter.  Not sure about the other two books but it's just a few pages in total I think.  Meanwhile...

By the Spiky Balls of Brett Ewins!

Book Cook knocked it out of the park with his piece - as good a Venus Bluegenes as I've ever seen.