Main Menu

"Preacher" TV Series In The Works

Started by Goaty, 30 November, 2006, 03:45:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Goaty

Got this from Darkhorizons.com, looks really good... if it like Rome etc, fab!

-------------------------
Premier cable broadcaster HBO is developing a one-hour series based on the popular Vertigo comics series "Preacher" reports TV.com.

The comic, which ran from 1995-2000, told the story of a down-and-out Texas preacher possessed by Genesis, a supernatural entity conceived by the unnatural coupling of an angel and a demon.

Given immense powers, the preacher teamed with an old girlfriend and a hard-drinking Irish vampire and set out on a journey across America to find God - who apparently had abandoned his duties in heaven - and hold him accountable for his negligence.

The series was known for tackling religious and political issues, along with utilising a dark and violent sense of humor, and its observations of American culture.

At one time a $25 million film with James Marsden attached to star in was in the works, but the project fell through.

This version is being done by "Daredevil" and "Ghost Rider" director Mark Steven Johnson who will pen the pilot, whilst Howard Deutch will direct.

---------------------------

Goaty

I am blind bat! thanks!

Concrete Block 15

Da na na na na na na na... Bat Goat!!! http://images.facade.com/i/t/palladini/l/r16.jpg">

Buddy

This version is being done by "Daredevil" and "Ghost Rider" director Mark Steven Johnson

So that'll be crap then.

Never got into Preacher, never seen what all the hoo-haa was about so not fussed if it's good or not or even if it gets made or not.

Quirkafleeg

Good of you to post your indifference on the matter to both posts, might have missed it otherwise...

Buddy

Concrete Block 15

This version is being done by "Daredevil" and "Ghost Rider" director Mark Steven Johnson

http://beerbaron.kibblesnbits.net/SA/Macros/commastarr.jpg">

Tiplodocus

Some of the bits where Starr goes off on rants were pretty laugh out loud funny, I thought.

That bit was class.

James Marsden would have been a good choice.

But who for Tulip and Cassidy?

Her from MY NAME IS EARL for Tulip I reckon.  She's pretty much spot on in that and has all the right bits in all the right places.  
Be excellent to each other. And party on!

Buttonman

"Her from MY NAME IS EARL for Tulip I reckon."

Jamie Pressley? She was good playing the same sort of role on D.O.A.http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c118/button71/jamie.jpg">

ThryllSeekyr

I had lawys thought that ever since the Movie 'Constintene' based on another Vertigo comice that Keanu Reeves was  portraying hybrid of both the characters of John Constintene of 'Hellblazer' and the Preacher himself.

My personal choice for the Preacher wouild have been Doc Neeson.  Front man for a Austrlain rock band called the Angels.

I, Cosh

Then Bono should play Cassidy. Or at least Adam Clayton.
We never really die.

Floyd-the-k

I think Doc Neeson is too old for the part, always assuming he could act (I haven't seen Monkey Grip, so wouldn't know).  Hugh Jackman would look okay for it, for mine.http://www.echonews.com/1019/images/lismore_doc_neeson.jpg">

ThryllSeekyr

I know, the energetic singer may be getting on now. But I'm just being polite and didn't wanna say that, 'The Angels' happen to be old favorite of mine in the music scene.

Anyway, I do recall he auditioned for the role of a preacher in some movie or something like that  along while back. I didn't know he did other stuff like 'Monkey Grip' ( Unless you have him mixed up with the guy from 'Water Rats'.) all I know is that he was to be Achilles from John English  made theatre production that was cancelled in the mid-nineties.  I thought he had that aura about him. LIke he would make a good  T.V. evangelist if he ever tried. Besides, isn't the Vertigo character abit Irish or is that just the beer gazzling vampire?

I'm not sure, as I never really got into 'The Preacher' myself. But I have a friend that reads those as well as 'Hellblazer'.

Still,  I thought of that character whilst watching the 'Constintene' flick for the third time over. I still think that Keanu's character in this movie was alittle more influenced by 'The Preacher.

BTW

Looking, at the photo of 'The Angels' line up you put up there. I only recognise Doc Neeson himeslf near the centre and is John Brewster standing just behind him. Shame's, it's no lnoger line up I was used to eighteen years ago.

Goaty

Da na na na na na na na... Bat Goat!!!

[View messages by Concrete Block 15] [Reply] [ Scroll]

oooh! hehe! was away for few days, back now, and i like your reply!!!

and for Preacher, best choice is Eric Bana.....