Main Menu

Recent posts

News / Re: Regened is returning – to ...
Last post by Barrington Boots - Today at 08:33:52 AM
As a not-regular Meg reader, I think this makes the Meg a much more attractive prospect than bogus IDW Dredd or a horrible Hookjaw reprint.
Last post by Colin YNWA - Today at 07:40:34 AM
This is great news. Really looking forward to it, especially with some of the titles annouced - more Pandora Perfect can only be a good thing. The new artist on the strip looks good too.

I'm not sure the tonal shift in the Meg will be such an issue. After all we've had a ton of 50 and 60s kids comics reprints in the Meg, so if anything this will be less of a shift than that?
Prog / Re: Prog 2383: Blood Work
Last post by broodblik - Today at 07:26:32 AM
A very good prog which showcase a lot of diverse stories and art – top notch line-up high five here

Dredd – Creepy stuff as Nick Percival is the perfect candidate to paint these scenes.  I saw some people complaining that /Dredd isa bit of a prick but that is how I enjoy his being (he is not a hero he is the Law). Enjoying this run.

Intestinauts – Some interesting developments as we are pulled further into the story. Interesting concept on how the first part is depicted – I feels like back in days when Diceman was still active.

3riller – A very good start to the 3riller and I am already pulled into the world. As the story progress we are intrigued and fascinating to where this is heading. Now, the biggest problem we these 3-parterts for me normally is how to end lands (it can make or break the story)

Brink  – Kurtis are shown more of the habitat and the signs related to the sect (and if you were ever shown how they produce certain products you will be "cured" for life).  Excellent episode, slow burn action at its best.

Vex – Some great world building continues as we are apprised how the Citheronian Queen got her power and how she literally ensured her dominion (but Midnight has something to say about that). Brilliant episode, Vexless episodes keep on pushing the envelope.
Last post by Jim_Campbell - Today at 07:03:33 AM
Quote from: Magnetica on 21 May, 2024, 10:13:22 PMSerious question, and I know you probably know better than me, but why would it be more expensive to go straight for a TPB, than to print it in the Prog or Meg and then put it in a TPB?

Technically, if it's issued only in book format it's an original graphic novel (OGN) rather than a trade paperback (which is a collection of material previously published in a different format).

The big difference is right there: with an OGN, you've only used the material once. You have to cover the entire commissioning costs upfront and swallow those costs for the length of time it takes for the creators to produce the entire book. I ran through the basic maths of the whole thing in this post.
Off Topic / Re: Boys Adventure comic blog
Last post by Richard S. - Today at 06:47:04 AM
'Smooshees' - a young kids title from Fleetway (published in 1988/89). This was a tie-in to a toy range by the looks of is. Anyway, a covers gallery has begun...

https://boysadventurecomics.blogspot.com/2024/05/smooshees.html
Prog / Re: Prog 2383: Blood Work
Last post by broodblik - Today at 05:50:30 AM
Here is an interview related to the 3riller (be warned their might be some spoilers in the interview):

https://comicon.com/2024/05/21/talking-thargs-3rillers-with-david-baillie-and-nick-brokenshire/
Books & Comics / Re: Completely Self-absorbed T...
Last post by PsychoGoatee - Today at 04:39:27 AM
Cool to read these comics  impressions as always! Speaking of the backlog, Swampy has been there, and may stay there forever, but I am curious about it.

On buying books years ago and not getting to them, I have books from 20 years ago I haven't gotten to yet. Like manga series where I read 6 to 10 volumes but bought all 30 etc. And for comics in general I've picked up tons of books in say the past 10 to 15 years, for a rainy day I guess. I do intend to read more anyway.
Last post by Funt Solo - Today at 03:58:58 AM
I did want to play a game of which Regened thrills I'd like to see more of.

This is the listing to choose from:

Definitely:
 - Pandora Perfect
 - Mayflies
 - 'Splorers

Maybe:
 - Cadet Dredd, but only the version where they're climbing out of Grudzilla's arse at the end. They need Dredd and other cadets fighting alien or monstrous menaces. When he goes undercover and arrests teenage squatters he just comes off as a git. Judge Rimmer.
 - Department K - I thought the initial premise was promising but the follow-ups a bit less punchy.
 - Strontium Dug - first one was very good.
Last post by Funt Solo - Today at 12:11:16 AM
Quote from: Magnetica on 21 May, 2024, 07:43:00 PMEspecially Devlin Waugh and his... you know what...I'm not going to type it.

Moustache? Exquisite flower-arrangements? Impressive biceps?
Books & Comics / Re: Completely Self-absorbed T...
Last post by BadlyDrawnKano - 21 May, 2024, 11:58:43 PM
Quote from: Jim_Campbell on 21 May, 2024, 07:39:55 AM
Quote from: BadlyDrawnKano on 20 May, 2024, 11:32:43 PMI rarely found myself caring for the characters that much, at least not in the way I normally do with Moore's work.

Now, that's strange, because one of things I like most about Moore's run on ST is his obvious affection for the supporting cast, with several issues where the Big Guy barely even has a walk-on part and a couple of issues before the 'Lost in Space' arc kicks off where he's completely absent and Abby and Chester carry the book.

It's a weird one for me as I just found it quite a cold book. Or maybe something I felt detached from would be a better way to word it, there was just something about it that stopped me truly loving the characters. I mean I liked Abbie and empathised with her fate, but she wasn't a character who stayed with me in the way many of Moore's other creations have.