Main Menu

Life's so drokking fantastic because (the rebirth)

Started by vzzbux, 22 April, 2010, 08:14:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tjm86

Quote from: Taryn Tailz (formerly Tim) on 09 May, 2016, 06:52:27 PM
I swear I'm not trying to turn this into the trans positivity thread :P but:

I honestly hadn't realised how much I'd achieved already. :)

I don't think it's so much the trans choice as it is the affirmative action choice.  You have decided to make a radical transformation in your life to make it work properly.  There are a few folks on this site struggling with things that are nowhere near the same league (a la Black Dog) as what you have decided to do.  Your journey is an encouragement.  Sorry if that sounds a bit twee.

"You must do the thing you think you cannot do."  Eleanor Roosevelt.

Taryn Tailz

Never get tired of being told I'm right Tjm86. :P haha

I've been overwhelmed by the positive reaction I've had from the whole board. It seems 2000AD even has better fans than any other comic. ;)

JayzusB.Christ

Not a problem; I honestly find it really interesting, not having known a whole lot about the whole topic before.  It's definitely more fascinating than Dredd being dead, for instance, because a. he's not real and you are, and b. he's not dead  ;) 

Incidentally, what made you choose the name Taryn?  I like it a lot; but it's a new one on me.

Quote from: Taryn Tailz (formerly Tim) on 09 May, 2016, 09:11:46 PM
It seems 2000AD even has better fans than any other comic. ;)

Well, we're definitely better than the Byrne Robotics crowd, for starters  ;)
"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

Taryn Tailz

Quote from: JayzusB.Christ on 09 May, 2016, 10:39:22 PM

Not a problem; I honestly find it really interesting, not having known a whole lot about the whole topic before.  It's definitely more fascinating than Dredd being dead, for instance, because a. he's not real and you are, and b. he's not dead  ;) 

Incidentally, what made you choose the name Taryn?  I like it a lot; but it's a new one on me.

If I'm genuinely more interesting than the current Dredd storyline, does that mean I get my own line of merchandise from Rebellion? :P

Honestly, I'd only ever heard the name once before, on a female wrestler by the name of Taryn Tarrell. I loved it the second I heard it. It's actually a unisex name, but like Hilary (for example), is overwhelmingly female in it's use. I also wanted something which would keep my initial and would be uncommon without sounding ridiculous. Plus, as I'm keeping my Surname, I thought Taryn Allan sounded pretty good.

JayzusB.Christ

Quote from: Taryn Tailz (formerly Tim) on 09 May, 2016, 10:47:18 PM

If I'm genuinely more interesting than the current Dredd storyline, does that mean I get my own line of merchandise from Rebellion? :P

I'd buy that for a dollar  :P

But yeah, cool name.  As I've said before; it's miles better than Tim!
"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

Taryn Tailz

Quote from: JayzusB.Christ on 09 May, 2016, 10:51:55 PM
Quote from: Taryn Tailz (formerly Tim) on 09 May, 2016, 10:47:18 PM

I'd buy that for a dollar  :P

But yeah, cool name.  As I've said before; it's miles better than Tim!

My own Mother, who gave me the name Tim, would agree with you. She's desperate to start calling me Taryn all the time. :)

JayzusB.Christ

Grugz

Quote from: Taryn Tailz (formerly Tim) on 09 May, 2016, 09:11:46 PM
Never get tired of being told I'm right Tjm86. :P haha

I've been overwhelmed by the positive reaction I've had from the whole board. It seems 2000AD even has better fans than any other comic. ;)

heh, a bunch of nerds who read comics are hardly in a position to be judgemental are we?  ;)

glad its all going well for ya lass!
don't get into an argument with an idiot,he'll drag you down to his level then win with experience!

http://forums.2000adonline.com/index.php/topic,26167.0.html

sheridan

I've only come across the name Taryn once before, on a woman from South Africa.  Congratulations on the start of this period of your life!

Dark Jimbo

Taryn is my sister's middle name, but that's the only other time I've heard it. Can't remember where my mum said it came from, other than it was Russian (I think).
@jamesfeistdraws

Taryn Tailz

Quote from: Dark Jimbo on 15 May, 2016, 02:32:56 PM
Taryn is my sister's middle name, but that's the only other time I've heard it. Can't remember where my mum said it came from, other than it was Russian (I think).

It has various different origins and meanings. Your sister is clearly a wonderful person though. ;)

Well, I've scheduled a post on Facebook for 9pm tonight, announcing my name change to all my friends, though not the reason why yet. Wish me luck. :)

Old Tankie

hippynumber1

Fingers crossed for you; I guess this is the point where you find out who your true friends are.

Taryn Tailz

Well I screwed that up and accidently posted it now. :P

The response so far has been good, though like I said I haven't said I'm Trans yet. Baby steps.

Something Fishy