Main Menu

You know you're an auld bugger when...

Started by auxlen, 05 November, 2015, 06:48:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Theblazeuk

Uncle Daddy?

Devon must be so confused  :-\

JayzusB.Christ

'Uncle Daddy' is how my mate Keith refers to himself, but only when advising visitors not to occupy his special armchair
"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

The Legendary Shark

...you automatically assume that one of your oldest friends, who was hospitalized almost a month ago and hasn't been answering his 'phone for the last seven days, must be dead. Because, when you get to my age, you start expecting people to die. Then, when you find out the truth - that a student nurse accidentally knocked his Nokia into a full bed pan - you spend ten minutes tutting at the incompetence of the young instead of being happy that he's still alive.
[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

Definitely Not Mister Pops

Quote from: The Legendary Shark on 29 March, 2016, 08:30:21 PM
... you spend ten minutes tutting at the incompetence of the young instead of being happy that he's still alive.

You know you're an old bugger when you recoil at the idea of tutting for ten minutes because it would leave you with a cracked pallet and chapped lips.
You may quote me on that.

Hawkmumbler

Rather the incompetance of young than the incontincence of old.  ;)

The Legendary Shark

Quote from: Mister Pops on 29 March, 2016, 08:55:53 PM

You know you're an old bugger when you recoil at the idea of tutting for ten minutes because it would leave you with a cracked pallet and chapped lips.

You must still be young. The older you get, the greater resilience you develop to protracted tuttage.
[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

SuperSurfer

I was speaking to a friend last week about how some of us eldsters might think we look ok(ish) for our age but in the eyes of youngsters we look properly ancient.

Soon after my friend came to the UK as a refugee in the 70s, an uncle of his died. Family were crying and as a 15-year-old he was thinking: "It's sad that he passed away but why is everyone crying so much? He had a good life, he lived to a good age. Everyone's turn comes."

His uncle died at 45!

pauljholden