Main Menu

Life is riddled with a procession of minor impediments

Started by Bouwel, 10 August, 2009, 11:08:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dandontdare

Quote from: Emp on 01 July, 2010, 07:42:09 PM
There is a certain type of person who annoy me to put it mildly.
The cretin theat appears at your door,flashes some crappy id badge and starts by saying
"Don't worry I'm not here to sell you anything!", before asking about your double glazing/energy supplier/roofing etc in the hope that you will suddenly lose all sense and take them up on whatever shite offer they claim not to be trying to sell you!!!

Glad i got that off my chest. It was either vent it here or chase him down the road with a bat.

Ask them if they'd like to come in and find out how you can offer them peace of mind through Jesus. Don't forget the creepy smile.

Alternatively, if Mormons or Jehovah's Witnesses turn up, ask them if they'd like to come in and find out how you can offer them peace of mind through better life insurance.

Roger Godpleton

I was once somewhat rude to some Jehovah's as I was leaving for work, and an hour later I had my bag snatched.
He's only trying to be what following how his dreams make you wanna be, man!

House of Usher

Quote from: Roger Godpleton on 01 July, 2010, 11:06:39 PM
I was once somewhat rude to some Jehovah's as I was leaving for work, and an hour later I had my bag snatched.

Do you think it was a curse?
STRIKE !!!

Roger Godpleton

He's only trying to be what following how his dreams make you wanna be, man!

I, Cosh

So I guess they know I'm not no company man. But I can pull on a rope, kill a cow fast as any other fucker can.
We never really die.

House of Usher

Quote from: Roger Godpleton on 01 July, 2010, 11:45:53 PM
THAT WAS THE JOKE

THAT WELL KNOWN JOKE ABOUT JEHOVAH'S WITNESSES PUTTING CURSES ON PEOPLE?

...Because they do that, you know.  :-\
STRIKE !!!

COMMANDO FORCES

Just finished a long blog (don't know when it'll go out yet) about the Citadel miniatures. Lots of writing, a few pics and a lot of time spent sorting it out.
Guess what, just went through my Dredd files on the computer and found some extra bloody stuff  ::)

Emp

finding extra stuff can't be a bad thing surely.

mogzilla

the people on the estate who,might have well been next door for all the noise they are making...the longest bbq in history with the loudest cackling women and gobshites ever too hot to sleep with the window shut but even the double glazing doesnt drown them out... >:(

Emp

Sounds like a case for enforced sterilisation...not that it helps you.

On a lighter note i heard this in a doctors surgery/chemist

Blonde knuckledragger with room temp iq : Well they can refuse to give you
                                          contraception if yer,yknow, like blonde.

In her particular case i thought it should have been mandatory!

COMMANDO FORCES

Quote from: Emp on 03 July, 2010, 08:51:20 PM
finding extra stuff can't be a bad thing surely.

I decided to just add it at the end of the piece, it'll be out of place but I'll explain it in the blog  ;)

Something Fishy

Quote from: mogzilla on 04 July, 2010, 12:06:00 AM
the people on the estate who,might have well been next door for all the noise they are making...the longest bbq in history with the loudest cackling women and gobshites ever too hot to sleep with the window shut but even the double glazing doesnt drown them out... >:(

we had that on Friday.  We live in a fairly sleepy little close really but the people in one of the houses nearbye managed to make a massive noise. They have to do it when we can't close the windows don't they!

Banners

Spent two hours putting two shelves up - measuring it all nicely and even using a spirit level. Looked good and solid, felt very proud. Went downstairs for celebratory cup of tea - then heard a big bang. Shelves broken on the floor, holes ripped out of wall, and my desk damaged.

Bugger.

M@

mogzilla

after solving the virus quibble mcrosoft updated me with a service pack for vista which killed my computer...despite an offer from our it guy at work to look at it the wife did a factory reset on it so EVERYTHING is gone!!!! had to reinstall the broadband,avg ,hp the woiks! but (and hindsight is a wonderful thing ) lost all the mini mog pics and my music files!!! are they gone forever? or can they be by some miricale saved???

Banners

Quote from: mogzillaare they gone forever? or can they be by some miricale saved???

Depends what you mean by a "factory reset" - presumably you used the rescue partition? Assuming there's no backup, try file recovery tools like Recuva or RecoverMyFiles.

After that, subscribe to something like Carbonite and get into a regular backup habit by using something like Macrium - one day you'll be glad you did.

M@