Main Menu

Life is riddled with a procession of minor impediments

Started by Bouwel, 10 August, 2009, 11:08:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cyberleader2000

2 and a half hours I've been working on my trophy guide for Transformers War For Cybertron and I thort you know what I'm going to save it before anything happens I get my mouse over the button to save it and then get a power cut loosing the last 2 and a half hours work ARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR. >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:(
Pleases Vist My Blog

can you name the anime

exilewood

Does no-one care about by beautiful, little cat. He's been my constant companion for nearly 13 years. What can I do? It's breaking my heart.

Roger Godpleton

He's only trying to be what following how his dreams make you wanna be, man!

Peter Wolf

Quote from: exilewood on 19 January, 2011, 12:17:21 AM
Does no-one care about by beautiful, little cat. He's been my constant companion for nearly 13 years. What can I do? It's breaking my heart.

I care which is why i suggested having a word with the vet.He might not need the medication anyway which would save a lot of bother.

Little Sweetie.I hope he recovers.
Worthing Bazaar - A fete worse than death

staticgirl

You can get these plastic things like icing tubes for pills that stuffs the pill down the throat... *googles* a cat pill popper. Doesn't seem to be too expensive...

http://www.ehow.com/video_2259731_use-pill-popper-give-cat.html

Other than that it's bribery and threats....

I hope your cat recovers anyhow.

SmallBlueThing

...because I have the dreaded lurghi. Also because my eldest son has the dreaded lurghi, my youngest son has just got over the dreaded lurghi and has gone to school, but is complaining of painful legs, and my wife is showing signs of having the dreaded lurghi.

And I have three Lates to work over the next four days.

SBT

Banners

We have a neighbour's cat who spends most of his time here. With their permission, we have taken to feeding him twice a day. We're moving house in the next couple of weeks and will miss him terribly.

Is it against social etiquette to offer to buy the cat...?

M@

johnnystress

My girlfreinds family 'lost ' a cat to a neighbour in this way- the other family took to feeding it and looking after it and the cat seemed happy to ohave been adopted. The new family had kids who loved it so everyone was happy

Then, on the day my girlfriend's family were moving house the cat sensed what was up and jumped into the car and refused to get out- breaking the hearts of her adoptive family in the process

They're shitheads like that

Mikey

See if you feed someone elses cat, you're scum! ;) Well, not really, but...

My own cat has got into hella scrapes because of a serial feeder. She feeds cats, any cats, even ones with collars and that are obviously in good health and being looked after. She then becomes the cat's sole feeder and they hang around her yard, so to all intents and purposes they become her cats, but she doesn't actually care for the things beyond food. This is how she got The Bad Cat (once belonged to a neighbour), who has obviously never been neutered and is agressive as fuck about other ones getting at some grub or, like, walking about and stuff. This has led to a few minor and a few major vet bills - one time my cat was missing for weeks and was literally nearly dead from a septic abcess before I found out where it was - two weeks of vets bills for Mikey followed. I'd been round looking for the fuckin thing too and she said nothing!

She's also a fuckin nutter - my problem is she's an 'aule doll' so for the life of me I can't really be aggressive enough, although I think I've finally put her off feeding ours. I told her I'd make her pay the vet & insurance bills we've had over it.

Anyway - that's probably enough on the cats for now!

(Jonesey's fine nowadays, if you were wondering)

M.
To tell the truth, you can all get screwed.

Dark Jimbo

Quote from: Mikey on 20 January, 2011, 02:04:52 PM
My own cat has got into hella scrapes because of a serial feeder. She feeds cats, any cats, even ones with collars and that are obviously in good health and being looked after. She then becomes the cat's sole feeder and they hang around her yard..

Wait... your cat has been feeding other cats?
@jamesfeistdraws

Peter Wolf

Virgin Media.

I had a letter from Virgin Media who were obviously desperate for the 12.47 that i owed them demanding that i pay them immediately so late last night i paid the bill and this morning i found my services had been restricted despite having paid them.

Now this time it wasnt a major problem as i have been out all day but this is not the first time this has happened and last time they did this i got on the dog and bone and had a word with them about it and said that i was unwilling to wait 12 hours for my services to be de-restricted so i was connected back instantly.

For 2 whole days i have been drilling with a water fed drill upwards into masonry which meant holding a very heavy drill with a diamond drill in position while it drills the holes very slowly.Thats not something i want to do again ever.It must have weighed 30 pounds.
Worthing Bazaar - A fete worse than death

SmallBlueThing

Today, in my illness-fogged state, i became somewhat concerned about a package that a forum denizen had posted to me earlier this month. On a whim i went to the front door and rooted through the pile of junkmail that we leave there to recreate that autumnal walking-through-leaves feeling we love so much.
And there it was: the loathsome red slip. Dated the 13th.
Arseholes.

SBT

Keef Monkey

Bah, our new college timetable only has one class on a monday, and we were asked as a class if we wanted to have it at 9am-11am to get it out of the way. Unanimously the lazy arsepieces that make up my class insisted it was better to have it 11.30am-1.30pm, as getting up on a Monday morning is apparently nigh on impossible for them. Because I need to be in town for 5pm to start work it's barely worthwhile me going home, so I'll now need to kill 3 hours in town every monday.

Basically an entire day has been torpedoed just so these lazy fuckwits can have an extra couple of hours in bed. VENT.

House of Usher

That's outrageous. Just shows it's a mistake to make education a consumer good and turn students into customers. Students should just be on the receiving end and accept what they are given. It's the only way to maintain standards.
STRIKE !!!

Banners

SIX WEEKS to upgrade our company bank account to take credit card payments. SIX WEEKS!!!

Grrr.....