Main Menu

Life is riddled with a procession of minor impediments

Started by Bouwel, 10 August, 2009, 11:08:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SmallBlueThing

The double bank holiday causes untold woe in hastings, as neither the prog nor the meg appear in the shops today.

Flapcheese.

SBT

Tombo

Quote from: SmallBlueThing on 27 April, 2011, 10:31:10 AM
The double bank holiday causes untold woe in hastings, as neither the prog nor the meg appear in the shops today.

Flapcheese.

SBT

Same here in Middlesbrough  :'( and I went into town especially for them

Colin Zeal

That's what has happened to me in London as well. The WH Smith where I buy the prog never has it until Thursday whenever it's a Bank holiday weekend.

COMMANDO FORCES

Thanks for the heads up chaps!
I just rang the Grinning Demon and my stuff is in, which means the I have to get out of bed now  ::)

klute

Whsmiths in county durham doesnt have this weeks prog or meg in yet :(
loveforstitch - Does he fall in love? I like a little romance in all my movies.

Rekaert - Yes, he demonstrates it with bullets, punches and sentencing.

He's Mega City 1's own Don Juan.

Rog69

One wall in my lounge was starting to look a bit grotty (it's where the kids toys are piled/stored) and knowing I had half a big tub of the paint left I filled and sanded it and prepped it for decorating.

I retrieved the paint from the shed and it's gone weird and smelly and won't mix back together properly. I checked with Wickes and they no longer do it, so I now have to do the whole bloody room in a different colour.

Emp

Thats a general problem with a little painting...you tend to see how grotty everything else is and before long yer redecorating the whole house :(

Dandontdare

Okay, this is just about as minor as impediments get - I've updated to the latest version of Firebox and for some inexplicable reason they've swapped the order of the 'open in new tab' and 'open in new browser widow' options when you right click on a link. So while I usually open lots of tabs and then read them, I keep finding myself pointlessly opening new windows all the time. It's bugging me probably more than it merits.

I, Cosh

Quote from: Dandontdare on 02 May, 2011, 09:22:03 PM
Okay, this is just about as minor as impediments get - I've updated to the latest version of Firebox and for some inexplicable reason they've swapped the order of the 'open in new tab' and 'open in new browser widow' options when you right click on a link. So while I usually open lots of tabs and then read them, I keep finding myself pointlessly opening new windows all the time. It's bugging me probably more than it merits.
No. This infuriated me for at least a week after I upgraded.
We never really die.

Definitely Not Mister Pops

Quote from: Dandontdare on 02 May, 2011, 09:22:03 PM

Click on links with both mouse buttons simultaneously. Opens them in new tabs. Does for me anyways. Doesn't work on the the girlfriends laptop though, so, no guarantees
You may quote me on that.

Keef Monkey

My bro lives in Canada and his girlfriend got him tickets to see Mogwai tomorrow for his birthday. He never managed to see them when he lived in Scotland so it would have been a nice wee taste of home for him, but they've gone and buggering cancelled on him because of Visa problems or summink. Gutted for him, and also I'm now not sure if my present to him (Mogwai live album/dvd) will seem like a nice consolation or a kick in the balls. Bah.

Zarjazzer

I managed to drop my crappy mobile onto a train line,the LT staff leapt into action bless 'em and retrieved it after much embarrassed whining from myself.

:-[
The Justice department has a good re-education programme-it's called five to ten in the cubes.

Cyberleader2000

2 years I hade them 2 long years ive been meaning to open theas dam toys box and Ive got my back log of stuf out of the way but mum say to wait 13 day till the windows have been replasede so I stupidily say ok what happens the figeres during the house cleaning get put by a door way I trip over hiting the door and the box in qustion is crushed O and heres the kicker its one of thros boxies desined to be used as a display cases if you wish to arrrrrrrr if I had just opened the box then put it into storge with the outher rare emptey boixies this wouldn not have happened but o no it did why does the universes hate me
Pleases Vist My Blog

can you name the anime

Something Fishy

This was due to my 40th birthday weekend and the wife had a lovely stay in a hotel and meal with friends etc planned.  All had to be cancelled as I went down with an absolute stinker of a head cold last Tuesday and am stil not any better.

Looks like a very sober 40th for me tomorrow.

maryanddavid

Thats crap fishy, Ive just wished you a happy one over on the other thread :o

Im starting my three day week tomorror, and have to sign on, I was feeling a bit pissed at it, and for some reason a bit ashamed at having to sign on, no good reason for this I know, I have signed on before, but a long time ago.

Still im looking at the bright side, I have two days off to get things done that I have been meaning to get to, I started the garden today and put in a lazy bed of onions, and I have another 3 beds to put inI now have time to do it, I stripped the strimmer today, and I have the time to buy the parts tomorrow, and I at long last bought the polish for the hall floor, that pencilled for tuesday,
silver linings etc.

David