Main Menu

Life is riddled with a procession of minor impediments

Started by Bouwel, 10 August, 2009, 11:08:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

I, Cosh

I  missed University Challenge tonight and I'll have to wait some hours until it's on iPlayer. Life is hard.
We never really die.

Rog69

My Daughter's class were shown a video today about the dangers of playing on building sites and now I can't get her to go to sleep because she is traumatised by images of heavy machinery and kids falling off ladders.

Just how big a problem do we have with four and five year olds getting injured playing on construction sites anyway.

Van Dom

No way. That's terrible. Reminds me of the old safety ads that were on tv when I was a kid, about the little boy falling into a barrel of water on his grandad's farm and drowning, or the kid climbing the pylon to get his football back and getting electrocuted. They were scary ads man!!!
Van Dom! El Chivo! Bhuna! Prof T Bear! And More! All in Vanguard Edition Three, available now. Check the blog or FB page for details!

VANGUARD COMIC!

VANGUARD FACEBOOK PAGE!

Emp

Reminds mw off an add in the 70's in Norn Irland with a couple of kids playing on waste ground, finding a rattling thermos flask and open it ....BOOM...now that was a H&S advert!

JOE SOAP

Quote from: Emp on 11 July, 2011, 09:12:04 PM
Reminds mw off an add in the 70's in Norn Irland with a couple of kids playing on waste ground, finding a rattling thermos flask and open it ....BOOM...now that was a H&S advert!

Remember that too, a warning about unexploded ordnance, had a bomb disposal bloke in a crater at the end didn't it?

Van Dom

Went looking for some of those ads on youtube and found this one...I remember this used to scare the bejesus out of me...! Still does!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sg6IVUvVsAs
Van Dom! El Chivo! Bhuna! Prof T Bear! And More! All in Vanguard Edition Three, available now. Check the blog or FB page for details!

VANGUARD COMIC!

VANGUARD FACEBOOK PAGE!

Emp

Think so all i know was i never picked up a thermos that was laying about....EVER!

Emp

There was also one of some guy supposed to be death watching a bloke stagger out of a pub and drive home.......can't find it or the Dave Allan sketch that parodies it.

strontium71

Quote from: Rog69 on 11 July, 2011, 08:57:39 PM

Just how big a problem do we have with four and five year olds getting injured playing on construction sites anyway.

Quite big - I live on a building site at the moment as it's an ongoing build , and almost every evening there are kids playing on the site. The eldest being maybe 10 and the youngest around 4 or 5. The little fuckers are just asking for something to happen to them but in all honesty , it'll serve them right. The older kids should know better , let alone bring their younger siblings.
...because I hate you.

Van Dom

Thinking back now, I remember when I was akid, a bunch of us used to go and fuck around in the lower half of our estate, which was only being built at the time. Climbing the scaffoldings, walking along the tops of the walls of house shells, right where the roof was going to go....mad stuff actually, now I think about it. I wouldnt do it now!Also, I remember messing around there on my own one night and having a fall into the foundation area of a new house, rightly fucked myself up. It got very dark very quick and I had to try and drag myself out of there and hobble home, crying the whole way. That was absolutely shit and I'd forgotten all about it til now.

VANGUARD COMIC!

VANGUARD FACEBOOK PAGE!

JOE SOAP

Misanthrope

Quote from: JOE SOAP on 11 July, 2011, 09:44:27 PM

Same thing happened to Rico(1) Dredd.

What, he injured himself playing on a building site? Was it when they were building MC 1?

(I do know what you are talking about, really.)
Did you know Christ was a werewolf?

JOE SOAP

TordelBack

I often forget just how much I love Simon's art on Blood Cadets - absolutely superb.  And that line: "We better go report ourselves for fighting". What a great story that was.

worldshown

Quote from: Rog69 on 11 July, 2011, 08:57:39 PM

I was in school with someone who, at the age of seven, broke into a building site to play and lost a toe when a pile of bricks collaped onto his foot.

Got a sizeable compensation from the builders, and his parents eventually moved onto that estate too.