Main Menu

Life is riddled with a procession of minor impediments

Started by Bouwel, 10 August, 2009, 11:08:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

radiator

I got so absorbed in a crossword on the train home from work that I didn't realise that I was on the wrong train! By the time I realised it was too late and I was stranded in the middle of nowhere. Had to shell out £20 for a cab home!

Roger Godpleton

Did the same thing on Monday and ended up in Woburn Sands. Some nice restaurants there.
He's only trying to be what following how his dreams make you wanna be, man!

Gonk

I thought you were only interested in McDonalds and gherkins. Find any decent kebab outlets in Woburn?
coming at a cinema near you soon

Noisybast

Half an hour ago, my girlfriend (who has clearly lost her mind) decided to tell my mum a humorous anecdote involving me and an overly strong hash cake, then took the royal hump when my mum didn't look amused. I'm now at home typing this, rather than drinking beer at my auntie's 80th birthday party. Arse.
Dan Dare will return for a new adventure soon, Earthlets!

radiator

I have decided to cut out sugar from my diet and overall try and eat a bit less/healthier overall. I've always had a terrible sweet tooth a poor diet and it's about time time I did something about it.

Four days on, and last night I was literally dreaming about Cadburys Creme Eggs and Pop Tarts.

Spikes

Had a blood pressure check at work, that showed that mine was a little high, so cutting crap out of your diet, and eatin healthier is maybe summat we all should be doing.

SpetsnaZ99

Quote from: Judge Jack on 10 March, 2012, 02:09:47 PM
Had a blood pressure check at work, that showed that mine was a little high, so cutting crap out of your diet, and eatin healthier is maybe summat we all should be doing.

Eh! cos you have high blood pressure we all need to eat tofu... dont think so mate.
You ever notice that everyone who believes in creationism looks really unevolved? Eyes real close together, big furry hands and feet. "I believe God created me in one day." Yeah, looks like he rushed it.

Gonk

Quote from: Noisybast on 09 March, 2012, 11:59:13 PM
Half an hour ago, my girlfriend (who has clearly lost her mind) decided to tell my mum a humorous anecdote involving me and an overly strong hash cake, then took the royal hump when my mum didn't look amused. I'm now at home typing this, rather than drinking beer at my auntie's 80th birthday party. Arse.

Maybe she's pissed off with you not giving her the recipe.

Rog69

I'm in the dog house.

The wife took my eldest daughter off to her ballet lesson and left me at home with our two year old.
They returned home a couple of hours later to find me sound asleep on the sofa, covered in gold star stickers in a lounge that looked like someone had nuked a branch of Toys R us and then walked playdoh all over the rubble.

Spikes

Quote from: SpetsnaZ99 on 10 March, 2012, 03:37:10 PM
Quote from: Judge Jack on 10 March, 2012, 02:09:47 PM

Eh! cos you have high blood pressure we all need to eat tofu... dont think so mate.

Eh! Well, my comment was primarily aimed at Radiators post, though eating healthier is something we all could do, yes?

Gonk

Yeah it was on the news this morning, again. Bacon and sausages are bad for you, nearly as bad as smoking or radioactive fallout.

Roger Godpleton

E4 are no longer showing Gilmore Girls on infinite loop. What am I supposed to do with my two weeks off work now?
He's only trying to be what following how his dreams make you wanna be, man!

Mudcrab

Quote from: fonky on 13 March, 2012, 06:28:55 AM
Yeah it was on the news this morning, again. Bacon and sausages are bad for you, nearly as bad as smoking or radioactive fallout.

Yet here they are extolling the virtues of disgusting long-forgotten things that deserve to be forgotten and that shouldn't be fed to stray dogs, never mind people (you'll know the ones I mean, some are obviously sane enough). I feel quite sick after reading that...
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-17337689

Minor impediments? Reading the right hand side of the BBC website. I need to learn to avoid it.
NEGOTIATION'S OVER!

Emperor

I've made an epic balls of something that should be simple - posting a letter. First I was out of stamps and it was too late to go to the shops, then I turned up at the Post Office after it shut, I went to the supermarket around the corner and they only had £1 stamps. Eventually I got some rather unpleasant looking Olympic stamps (after about 3 days of arsing around by this point) and I was just posting it when I noticed I'd put the stamp on the top lefthand corner.

I told my dad whose summary was "lacks social graces" but really I need a PA (or a "helper" I'm not sure which). ;)
if I went 'round saying I was an Emperor just because some moistened bint had lobbed a scimitar at me, they'd put me away!

Fractal Friction | Tumblr | Google+

Gonk

Tripe. They are always on about bringing tripe back. It even looks disgusting. Yuk.

Sod it! I'm off out for a kebab.