Main Menu

Life is riddled with a procession of minor impediments

Started by Bouwel, 10 August, 2009, 11:08:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mardroid

QuoteI resisted for hours, honest I did.

As I see when comparing posting times.  :lol:

Anyway, a call later and all sorted.

I was told 3-5 days for the card, which seems normal. Looks like I'll have to use the credit card for that dinner on Tuesday... (A bit awkward in these group affairs when bill tend to be sorted in one go.)

A small small issue in the scheme of things.

Mikey

Tsk! One of my Cabbalistics pages has slipped in it's mount. I'll be going to the framers this week sometime for something else so I'll see if they'll rectify it for free. It's annoying as it's the last page of a whole episode I have going up the stairs, so it's just at the top of the stairs and ruins the whole flow.

Plus I didn't get my comic yesterday - it'd better turn up tomorrow or I'll be off to the 'Life spugs' thread.

M.
To tell the truth, you can all get screwed.

Dandontdare

two irritations today: My copy of Aaaiiee was too big for letterbox, so I arranged redelivery to my local post office for today - turned up and was told it wouldn't be there till after 1.30, which means it'll be another week before I can collect it.

Also, I bought my Thought Bubble ticket weeks ago and put it somewhere safe - I now have no clue where it is.

TordelBack

Quote from: Dandontdare on 14 November, 2012, 11:33:36 AM,,,which means it'll be another week before I can collect it.

You poor sod - it's ace!

Similarly, my newsagent finally decided to start stocking 2000AD again after a month of sour mutterings from me (yay!), but they've shifted to a Thursday delivery (boo!).  Why, Grud, why!

Colin Zeal

In the most predictable turn of events England are already three wickets down in the Test match with India and clearly going to lose. Unless it rains for the next three days or we somehow learn how to play spin bowling overnight.

von Boom

Just got the word from my employer. I have to work tomorrow. Bugger.

Mardroid

I recently mislaid my mobile phone on the way home.

Then found I couldn't find the charger for my spare.

On the plus side I have another spare* which I thought had stopped charging, but I left it on overnight and it was alive to greet me this morning. (The reason I though it woudn't charge was because when the battery is flat I will sometimes plug it in and switch it on the mains if I wish to use it there and then. This wouldn't turn on for some reason. After some juice it seems to be fine though.)

It's just a cute little Samsung with few extras (not that any of my phones to date have been that spectacular) but I'm fond of it. My replacement sim card came in the post yesterday so now it has a new home. Until/if I upgrade anyway.

*Why so many phones?** A long story, but I didn't collect that many intentionally.

**Actually there's one other too which works, but the back cover has broken off.

Spikes

As today has been the wettest and most miserable day for ages, now would be a good time for my boiler to pack up. Which, indeed, it has.

von Boom

Some just came to my door to show me that my car was damaged. Some prick smashed into the back of my parked car wrecking the back and window. What a dick.

Minkyboy

Quote from: Judge von Boom on 23 November, 2012, 05:07:03 PM
Some just came to my door to show me that my car was damaged. Some prick smashed into the back of my parked car wrecking the back and window. What a dick.

Arse.
Sorry VonB, hope the insurance covers it and it works out in your favour.
Fiddling while Rome burns

"is being made a brain in a jar a lot more comen than I think it is." - Cyberleader2000

radiator

Cause it seems like these days,  every damn time I have more than a couple of days off work and am going away somewhere, I will without fail come down with a cold.

I also now seem to not get conventional colds any more, but meta-colds that seem to strike me down for 24 hours, then immediately go away, then return with a vengeance 10-14 days later.

Is this an immune system thing (you relax as soon as you have a few days off so your immunity lets its guard down), one of those things that happens as you get older that no one warns you about?

TordelBack

Quote from: radiator on 25 November, 2012, 11:56:58 PM
Is this an immune system thing (you relax as soon as you have a few days off so your immunity lets its guard down), one of those things that happens as you get older that no one warns you about?

The former, from my own experience with similar.

Back when I had regular work+holidays the same thing used to happen to me.  I'd be working through the night for a few days before I headed off, then frantically dealing with e-mails in ferry port internet cafes and writing quotes in my tent, and then when I was a few days into the break it'd all be as done as it was going to get, I'd have a day or two of blissful holidayness and actually relax, and whomph, I'd be stretched out shivering with a chest infection or suchlike unpleasantness.  Regular as clockwork.  Last year, the first year of my quasi-/unemployment, despite all the stresses that entails, was the first year I can remember that I didn't fall ill between Christmas and New Year.  Whether that was because I have no excuse to ever relax anymore, or the pattern of intensity/relaxation is broken, I don't know.

And I was a youngish fittish man back then, not the shambling wreck you see before you.  And all for nothing, nothing at all!  Beware oh youth, gather ye rosebuds while ye may! 

Minkyboy

Quote from: TordelBack on 26 November, 2012, 08:04:06 AM
And I was a youngish fittish man back then, not the shambling wreck you see before you.  And all for nothing, nothing at all!  Beware oh youth, gather ye rosebuds while ye may!

Right, I have a bag full of rosebuds, much to my neighbour's disquiet.
What do I do now TB?

A lithe and vigorous 38 year old Minky
Fiddling while Rome burns

"is being made a brain in a jar a lot more comen than I think it is." - Cyberleader2000

The Legendary Shark

Check your food labels for things like aspartame (which is found in diet pop, chewing gum, yogurt, cooking sauces, crisps, artificial sweeteners, sugar-free products and cereals, to name but a few) and cut them out.
[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]