Main Menu

Life is riddled with a procession of minor impediments

Started by Bouwel, 10 August, 2009, 11:08:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tiplodocus

Be excellent to each other. And party on!

Trout

Hang in there, Tordel. We're all rooting for you.

I doubt that helps much, but I wanted to say something supportive and I don't really do sincerity very well.  ;)

TordelBack

Cheers Trout, it is however only a very minor impediment: unlike being an unemployed journo who can't do sincerity!

Tips:  it's AIB, FWIW.  SNAFU.

Link Prime

radiator

Because it's 4:15 in the morning and I'm still wide awake thanks to coming down with a nasty cold yesterday and the accompanying sore throat - which is so severe and painful it is making sleep impossible. Never experienced anything quite like it.

Banners

We have an urgent delivery being sent via UPS which has been picked up today. I just checked and the address shown on their system is wrong (I did give the correct address to the sender three times) so the delivery tomorrow will fail. Having just phoned UPS to give them the correct address, they are unwilling to change it until a failed delivery is made tomorrow.

So, the driver is on a fool's errand. Time, money and petrol are all wasted and - most significantly -the already overdue package won't get delivered until next week, all because of words like "system" and "contract". Why can't UPS behave like nice, decent people and help. Let's get things done right, instead of being unconstructive, capitalistic and inhuman.

Rog69

I got a parking ticket from one of those cowboy private parking firms last week. I was parked in a hospital loading bay on urgent business and not causing any kind of obstruction. I had a sign in my windscreen saying who I was and what I was doing but they gave me a ticket.

It's not a real ticket, just an invoice, and there is actually no legal requirement for me to pay it so normally I would just ignore it and the stream of letters that follow until they give up, but unfortunately I will have to pay it because I was in a hire car so the fine will go to the hire company and under the terms of the contract they will pay it and then invoice me.

Hawkmumbler

Fell off my bike at the decent at Winter Hill this morning and broke my left shoulder, so i'm gonna have an excruciating first week of A-level examinations with it in a full arm cast. Oh, and £60 worth of repairs to the bike to. Fuck.

TordelBack

Oh that is cruddy luck there Hawkmonger.  Ouch, double ouch and feck.

Mardroid

Yeah that's nasty, sad to read that hawkmonger. On the other hand you posted a broken shoulder in the 'minor impediments' thread so you must be a bit of a hard nut.

Joking aside I hope you feel better soon.

radiator

Can anyone explain why a cold used to come and go in 2-3 days, but now the whole process seems to spread out over weeks, with the symptoms disappearing entirely for days at a time only to return with a vengeance?

Hawkmumbler

Thanks Tordle, Mardroid. I've opted not to take pain killers during the exams as I don't want something else to worry about, as i'll have to take them half way through which will detract from my exam time. Should be right as rain in a month or so though so no problems...excpet for by bank balance.

Quote from: radiator on 12 May, 2013, 08:16:29 AM
Can anyone explain why a cold used to come and go in 2-3 days, but now the whole process seems to spread out over weeks, with the symptoms disappearing entirely for days at a time only to return with a vengeance?

My whole family came down with it a few weeks ago, litteraly only just got over it. It's true what they say, the micro-organisms around us are getting stronger.

radiator

Annoying thing is I have tickets booked for Star Trek later, so I'm going to be that guy in the cinema, sniffling, sneezing and coughing through the film.

HdE

Yikes, Hawkmonger - I hope your recovery time flies by.
Check out my DA page! Point! Laugh!
http://hde2009.deviantart.com/

Link Prime

Quote from: radiator on 12 May, 2013, 12:50:19 PM
Annoying thing is I have tickets booked for Star Trek later, so I'm going to be that guy in the cinema, sniffling, sneezing and coughing through the film.

One to beam up....into the heart of the f*cking sun!

Had the same dose a few weeks ago Radiator. My life was like an excerpt from 'The Stand'. Bad strain goin round I think.

And Hawk...sorry to hear bout that Winter Hill of discontent, best of luck with the exams.