Main Menu

Life is riddled with a procession of minor impediments

Started by Bouwel, 10 August, 2009, 11:08:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Richmond Clements

Quote from: vzzbux on 05 July, 2013, 10:01:03 PM
Don't know where to put this so here it lies.
Just found out I am going to be a gramps.
She is 17 in a few weeks. Stupid girl.
At least me and the ex had a good laugh about it earlier.

V

I literally don't know what to say to that... Hope everything ends up well.

vzzbux

Quote from: Richmond Clements on 06 July, 2013, 09:23:53 PM
Quote from: vzzbux on 05 July, 2013, 10:01:03 PM
Don't know where to put this so here it lies.
Just found out I am going to be a gramps.
She is 17 in a few weeks. Stupid girl.
At least me and the ex had a good laugh about it earlier.

I literally don't know what to say to that... Hope everything ends up well.
That makes two of us. It is very complicated at the moment.

V
Drokking since 1972

Peace is a lie, there's only passion.
Through passion, I gain strength.
Through strength I gain power.
Through power, I gain victory.
Through victory, my chains are broken.

radiator

Away on holiday at the moment, so have been a bit out of the loop. Checked my Twitter this morning to find I had a direct message from a certain famous movie type dated two days ago.

Putting two and two together, I think I know what it related to, but think I may have missed the boat now!

Frank

Quote from: radiator on 07 July, 2013, 11:04:38 AM
Away on holiday at the moment, so have been a bit out of the loop. Checked my Twitter this morning to find I had a direct message from a certain famous movie type dated two days ago. Putting two and two together, I think I know what it related to, but think I may have missed the boat now!

Now we'll never know how much the fucking thing's sold on DVD.

CrazyFoxMachine

I had a direct message from a certain famous movie type dated two days ago.

Recognition for a slice of fried gold?

radiator

Ironing is just bullshit isn't it? Just spent twenty minutes plus ironing a damn shirt, highest setting, loads of steam - result = shirt still covered in tiny creases.

Noisybast

Dan Dare will return for a new adventure soon, Earthlets!

Richmond Clements

I don't iron anything. Occasionally the front of a shirt, but I usually just put it on as is.

Frank

T-shirt, jeans ... nope, can't see why anything I own needs ironing.

Goaty

radiator

Same here - I think ironing in general is a colossal waste of time, but you have to iron a shirt, esp at a wedding!

Richmond Clements

Quote from: radiator on 07 July, 2013, 03:58:23 PM
Same here - I think ironing in general is a colossal waste of time, but you have to iron a shirt, esp at a wedding!

Aye... fair dos on that one!

Mardroid

I confess, I went to a wedding the other day and I didn't iron it.

In my defence I did wear a jacket over it, as well as a tie, so I doubt anyone noticed.

Also I have to dress smart* for my job, but I rarely iron stuff.... Then again I tend to wear a jumper or jacket over the shirt so that covers most of the creases. Mind you there are often creases on the jumper too... but due to the colour it's probably not all that noticeable.

I'm not sure how I'm going to get away with that in the hot weather. It's okay at the moment as we don't get many into college over this period (summer holidays) but soon...

That being said I will iron stuff on occasion. I sort of go through phases. But when I do I tend to leave it to a minimum.

*Or at least semi-smart. I often forgo the tie.

DrJomster

Quote from: CrazyFoxMachine on 07 July, 2013, 01:34:24 PM
I had a direct message from a certain famous movie type dated two days ago.

Recognition for a slice of fried gold?

Caught the first half of Shaun of the Dead for the very first time yesterday. Not bad at all actually... And they mentioned fried gold quite a bit!
The hippo has wisdom, respect the hippo.

TordelBack

Sister of a friend of mine does ironing for dosh.  She charges 1 euro per item, and in addition to the expected shirts etc. actual clients give her their boxer shorts, t-shirts and (I kid you not) their socks.  Not sure if a pair counts as one item, but either way the phrase 'more money than sense' springs to mind.