Main Menu

Life is riddled with a procession of minor impediments

Started by Bouwel, 10 August, 2009, 11:08:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Trout

TordelBack

I'm now imagining a recovery op resembling one of the endless Allo' Allo'  episodes involving The Fallen Madonna With The Big Etc., no prizes for guessing who's standing in for Herr Flick.

Very glad to hear that you got the page back safely, Shark.

(Shark is Maria, obviously).

amines2058

Aaaargh my 7 and a half month pregnant wife managed to fall down some steps whilst hanging out the washing. Bump is fine but she has either sprained fractured or twisted her ankle! (Chose not to xray due to potential risks to bump) she is now all strapped up and laid up for an unknown amount of time whilst that heals.
I think I may be busy for the next few weeks!!  :'( :(

TordelBack

Quote from: amines2058 on 06 June, 2014, 07:43:13 AM
Aaaargh my 7 and a half month pregnant wife managed to fall down some steps whilst hanging out the washing. Bump is fine but she has either sprained fractured or twisted her ankle!

Oh gawds I remember those pregnant falls - mine fell down the stairs twice (honest, your Honour) and slipped badly on ice, it was all horribly worrying - but at least she escaped actual injury.  Not a good time in your lives to be laid up - my sympathies to MuzzAmines2058 and yourself.

Hawkmumbler

Quote from: TordelBack on 06 June, 2014, 06:57:00 AM
I'm now imagining a recovery op resembling one of the endless Allo' Allo'  episodes involving The Fallen Madonna With The Big Etc., no prizes for guessing who's standing in for Herr Flick.

Very glad to hear that you got the page back safely, Shark.

(Shark is Maria, obviously).

Never has the forum wide use of GGGGGGGRENNIE been more appropriate.

And horribly sorry to hear about tour missus amines, hope she recovers from the shock (which i'm sure is worse than the actual impact) soon enough.

The Legendary Shark

Thanks, chaps.
And my best to your good lady, Amines, I hope it's just a pesky sprain and that you are being suitably annoying with the cushion-plumping, tea-making and general fussing around :-)
[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

amines2058

Thanks all for the best wishes, although in honesty I should have been expecting something like this.
The last time she was pregnant coincided with when we moved mouse.
At eight and a half months gone my good lady wife decided to go upstairs to review how the central heating installation was going. Of course all the floor boards were up for the pipework.
The next thing I know is that there are a pair of legs sticking through the kitchen ceiling where she had missed a joist and gone straight through!
Luckily the bump actually prevented her from dropping all the way through and thankfully wife and baby were unharmed.  :o
I think I shall keep have to keep her locked in a soft padded room until this one arrives. :D

ZenArcade

Amines, I would like to add my best wishes for your wife, hope she recovers soon. On the subject of recovery, well done Monsieur Requin. We cannot afford to lose any of the great Carlos art! Z
Ed is dead, baby Ed is...Ed is dead

Banners

Gosh. Rest assured the baby could not be any better protected. Take care - and enjoy your last few weeks of sleep!

The Legendary Shark

[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

mogzilla

Quote from: amines2058 on 06 June, 2014, 07:43:13 AM
Aaaargh my 7 and a half month pregnant wife managed to fall down some steps whilst hanging out the washing. Bump is fine but she has either sprained fractured or twisted her ankle! (Chose not to xray due to potential risks to bump) she is now all strapped up and laid up for an unknown amount of time whilst that heals.
I think I may be busy for the next few weeks!!  :'( :(

hope she's well,its a scare allright..mine did the stairs thing at 3months then again at about 7months in lostock hall near the Kentucky where we'd been for some food ,she fell on some uneven pavement ,but the best bit was the complete prick who walked past and kicked the tray of drinks she'd dropped. Only concern for my wife and unborn stopped me spending a night in the cells.
don't get into an argument with an idiot,he'll drag you down to his level then win with experience.

staticgirl

Mogzilla - if you haven't been told about it check out this little known tax relief for uniforms:
http://www.hmrc.gov.uk/incometax/relief-tools.htm

mogzilla

don't get into an argument with an idiot,he'll drag you down to his level then win with experience.

Mattofthespurs

Just pissed of Cliff Robinson despite loving his stuff. Me so sad  :(

TordelBack