Main Menu

Life is riddled with a procession of minor impediments

Started by Bouwel, 10 August, 2009, 11:08:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Theblazeuk

I think it's longer than once a month but that may just be because they never seem to get one sorted in my area when I'm there.

Free biscuits + juice too. And a beer afterwards (strictly not recommended) goes further. Everyone's a winner!

paddykafka

For the second time in two weeks, the local bakery has failed to stock any of my favourite Friday treat: Bailey's Chocolate slices. This is an outrage, I tell you! An Outrage! (Don't they know who I am?)!

Instead, I had to content myself with a mere chocolate muffin and doughnut.

Oh, the Humanity!

The Legendary Shark

"...chocolate muffin and doughnut..."
Sounds highly euphemistic...
[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

Theblazeuk

Flat tyre on my way in to work. Only replaced the tube 2 weeks ago - but then it also seems the tyre itself has finally worn to shreds.

Also the bastards have scheduled me in for meetings at half hour periods from 1200 to 1500, so much for going on my lunch break to get it sorted.

Mattofthespurs

Quote from: Theblazeuk on 28 January, 2015, 10:21:37 PM
I think it's longer than once a month but that may just be because they never seem to get one sorted in my area when I'm there.

Free biscuits + juice too. And a beer afterwards (strictly not recommended) goes further. Everyone's a winner!

Yep, it's once every 3 months in the UK.
Just did my 52nd donation.
And you're right. Booze goes farther and fags make you giddy and light headed. It's great! (Oh, and you're helping people out too.)

The Legendary Shark

The last time I went to give blood they wouldn't let me because my blood contained a "vitamin deficiency."
At least, I think that's what the initials stood for.
[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

ZenArcade

They would normally only refuse blood if you are currently ill, flu etc. Z
Ed is dead, baby Ed is...Ed is dead

Jim_Campbell

Quote from: ZenArcade on 30 January, 2015, 01:34:55 PM
They would normally only refuse blood if you are currently ill, flu etc. Z

I had glandular fever and couldn't give blood for about ten years.

Cheers

Jim
Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

ZenArcade

They of course do initial tests when you initially donate, and ask you a series of questions re travel history and sexual history i.e. interactions with prostitutes etc. Z

I, Cosh

I can never give blood in Switzerland because I lived in the UK during the foot and mouth outbreak of the 1990s!
We never really die.

ZenArcade

TordelBack

Or in this jurisdiction, if you like mickey but also have one of your own.

Richmond Clements

ZenArcade

To be fair to the Courts up here, they told Poots to take his medieval attitude and fuck off. Z

Richmond Clements