Main Menu

Life is riddled with a procession of minor impediments

Started by Bouwel, 10 August, 2009, 11:08:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Grugz

Quote from: Jim_Campbell on 10 February, 2015, 07:21:47 PM
Quote from: Grugz on 10 February, 2015, 07:00:35 PM
this is why I hate cats.

Cats eat birds. Sharks eat seals. Owls eat mice. Animals eat other animals. Doesn't make them evil, doesn't make them deserving of your hatred.

Cheers

Jim

shitting in my garden does.
don't get into an argument with an idiot,he'll drag you down to his level then win with experience!

http://forums.2000adonline.com/index.php/topic,26167.0.html

ZenArcade

Weeelll, I suppose you need to factor in our early Christian teachings: consider the birds in the air, they do not reap etc. I guess they don't respect our property prerogatives. Z
Ed is dead, baby Ed is...Ed is dead

Grugz

Quote from: Theblazeuk on 10 February, 2015, 07:29:03 PM
Quote from: ZenArcade on 10 February, 2015, 07:04:59 PM
I'm not too sure of the providence of this Grugz, but anecdotally I was told if the chick/fledgling is interfered with the parents will essentally leave it to die. Z :(

Urban legend. However they may abandond them if you make them feel the nest itself is no longer safe.

I wish! then the buggers wouldn't have knackered my sky dish by annually shagging and nesting on it!
don't get into an argument with an idiot,he'll drag you down to his level then win with experience!

The Legendary Shark

I don't get the intense hatred some people have for cats - and some people really do hate them with a passion. I knew a guy once who... well, you don't want to know but he regarded cats in the same way Van Helsing regarded vampires - yet in all other things he seemed perfectly sane.
I'm not a cat person, I wouldn't keep one (I prefer dogs) but I have nothing against them and enjoy it when friends' cats sit on my lap for a stroke and a purr.
I suppose you might not think the cat quite so evil if it was killing rats instead of baby birds.
Now ducks - ducks are *truly* evil...
[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

Jim_Campbell

Quote from: Grugz on 10 February, 2015, 07:36:20 PM
shitting in my garden does.

*shrug* There are any number of commercially available cat repellents. I love cats, but at a previous house all the moggies from the area seemed to want to shit in our back yard — dozens of the little buggers. There was a gel-based citrusy one that was very effective.

(Also: I don't profess hatred for dogs because they shit in the street.)

Cheers

Jim
Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

Jim_Campbell

Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

Grugz

true about the rat rather than the baby bird and ducks may be evil but they're bloody tasty! i'll keep my eye out for shitty cat reppellers but I assume theyre pet safe as my idiot griffon would probably think it was food.

Hawkmumbler

As a diver is comcour that Ducks are pure evil. You surface in an open patch of water in a lake or quarry,  assuming everything is tranquile, then some blooyd mallard starts nibbling at your kit and AAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRGGGGGHHHHH! MY NEW BCD YOU NASTY LITTLE FECKERS YOUR SUNDAY ROAST!!!

ZenArcade

I'm totally with the kitty kat love. I got a big old black farm cat for my eleventh birthday and she and I were cool with one an other for over twenty years. She was called Tina and was a true rural farm cat in that she killed anything she came across verminwise... strange she got along grand with the two half cattle dog. A hell of a cat. Z

ZenArcade

The Legendary Shark

Dogs you can milk or cows that chase sticks? It's genetic engineering gone mad!
I was a bit tight with the ducks on the marina during the recent freeze. The marina was nothing but ice, so when I threw bread off the boat it was (evil) fun watching the greedy little bastards come charging in like grumpy feathered pigs; all slipping and sliding and trying to snatch up bits of crust as they skidded past, banging into one another and squabbling and unable to properly chase one another or run away. Ducks fighting looks silly at the best of times but ducks fighting on ice? Priceless!
I know, I know - I'm going straight to Hell.
[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

ZenArcade

TordelBack

Quote from: ZenArcade on 10 February, 2015, 07:41:07 PM
Weeelll, I suppose you need to factor in our early Christian teachings: consider the birds in the air, they do not reap etc.

He says the birds are scrounging!

Theblazeuk

Quote from: Grugz on 10 February, 2015, 07:42:11 PM
I wish! then the buggers wouldn't have knackered my sky dish by annually shagging and nesting on it!

Well, what looks like a good spot to one bird looks like a good spot to another....

Rog69

Missed a delivery of an item that was purchased from fleabay.

I came home to find a Yodel card through the door, which is annoying in itself as the seller claimed he used Royal Mail. Based on past experience I wouldn't have bought the item if I knew it would come via Yodel (The tantric sex of delivery companies, you are stuck in all day and still nobody comes).

The problem I have though is that the driver just posted a blank card through the door, nothing at all has been filled in so I don't know if they are coming back, left the parcel elsewhere or if I have to go and fetch it.

I'm never going to see this parcel am I.