Main Menu

Life is riddled with a procession of minor impediments

Started by Bouwel, 10 August, 2009, 11:08:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

I, Cosh

Couldn't find the key for my bike lock until lunchtime was nearly over.
We never really die.

Grugz

Quote from: The Legendary Shark on 18 March, 2015, 12:44:15 PM
Now I just have to wait for my eyesight to come back...

that's something entirely different, your mother warned you it'd happen...dirty boy! ;)
don't get into an argument with an idiot,he'll drag you down to his level then win with experience!

http://forums.2000adonline.com/index.php/topic,26167.0.html

Theblazeuk

Torn rotator cuff. :/

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Goes my inner monologue all bloody day long for the past 2 weeks.

von Boom

The Legendary Shark

I don't know what that is but I hope you can heal it soon.
[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

Theblazeuk

The bit(s) where your arm pops back into your body. Lots of muscles, nerves... most of the time much less than say an abcess ;) but always, always, always there.

The Legendary Shark

Ouch. Fortunately, I've found a cheap cure for abscesses but I don't think garlic would help in your case :(  Maybe Scotch to dull the pain? ;)
[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

Batman's Superior Cousin

I can't help but feel that Godpleton's avatar/icon gets more appropriate everyday... - TordelBack
Texts from Last Night

Grugz

ibs or wind? if its the latter we have some gripe water you can borrow...if its the first you have my sympathies as I have yet to find a cure for that.
don't get into an argument with an idiot,he'll drag you down to his level then win with experience!

http://forums.2000adonline.com/index.php/topic,26167.0.html

Theblazeuk

Quote from: The Legendary Shark on 23 March, 2015, 03:18:42 PM
Ouch. Fortunately, I've found a cheap cure for abscesses but I don't think garlic would help in your case :(  Maybe Scotch to dull the pain? ;)

One step ahead. Thank you Duty Free.

Batman's Superior Cousin

Quote from: Grugz on 24 March, 2015, 09:12:27 AM
ibs or wind? if its the latter we have some gripe water you can borrow...if its the first you have my sympathies as I have yet to find a cure for that.

Talking to me?
I can't help but feel that Godpleton's avatar/icon gets more appropriate everyday... - TordelBack
Texts from Last Night

Dandontdare

Quote from: Grugz on 24 March, 2015, 09:12:27 AM

I think he is.

"Trapped wind" sounds like a minor niggle, but the first time I had it I was in agony. I'd recently read about twisted intestines in racehorses which is usually fatal, and I became convinced in the wee small hours of the night that this is what I had. After a few hours of pain when I was on the verge of calling an ambulance, I farted mightily and all was well.

IBS cramps aren't fun either.

Theblazeuk

I always find Rennies actually really work. Or Andrews Salts.....Short of that a bit of coffee....

(Update on my niggle, Doc says it's not torn after some examination, just some massive spasming going on in minor muscles... and lovely lovely codeine now available again.)

Dandontdare

when did youtube automatically start auto-playing one video after another? My home broadband is quite slow (and my PC clogged up with shit), so I often used to click on a vid then look at other things so that when I went back and hit 'replay' I could be confident it had fully loaded and wouldn't buffer half way through. Now I find it's been merrily playing video after video. Or I'd watch a vid and the leave the site open to look at something else, but again it just starts playing another vid straight away.

A minor impediment indeed, but pointless and annoying.

Hawkmumbler

You can switch that off by clocking the little switch above the top video on the right hand side.