Main Menu

Life is riddled with a procession of minor impediments

Started by Bouwel, 10 August, 2009, 11:08:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Professor Bear

The alcy downstairs - who often screams at his flatmate for hours on end - has begun issuing abusive ultimatums when we pass in the hallway or he'll sic his "friends in high places" on me.  He also demanded that I never make fun of him to other people, because he'll hear it when he eavesdrops on my conversations.  I am beginning to think he's a bit of an odd duck.

ZenArcade

Sounds like someone needs his ass kicked over his head. Z
Ed is dead, baby Ed is...Ed is dead

Professor Bear

You have no idea.  Back a ways in the thread I was complaining about the rancid smell of tobacco and skunk weed from downstairs... turns out the other alcy that gets shouted at for hours on end has lung disease and shouldn't be around smoke.  I don't even.

ZenArcade

Theblazeuk

Bear, do you perchance have an ipod or smartphone? ****ish behaviour of course but there is no reason not to use the tools of a surveillance state for actual justice.

I recently had a hotel clerk go apeshit at me because he'd messed up our bookings, he tried to claim we'd subjected him to abuse - and of course, CCTV has no audio so shows me and my wife looking pissed off and no context for it. His word against ours and his word mattered... until my wife pulled out her ipod with a recording of him screaming at us to leave the hotel and me very calmly saying that he was making it all up, if he would just try speaking to someone else we could get this resolved, would he please tell me what was abusive about saying a mistake had been made...

So in other words I have become convinced that no one can argue with recordings. A different case in this matter as it's not turning the tools of officiousness back on themselves - but a few of alcy making threats to you would go well if you ever have need to get authorities involved.

Just a thought. Not something we should need to do but state of the world and all.

Professor Bear

The thought of creating the new Shut Up Little Man had crossed my mind, but unfortunately sanity prevailed and I decided the high road was the better option.
For some reason, the high road in this instance meant taking a hammer to my bedroom wall to get at a leak they were complaining about, which revealed a cracked pipe padded with decades-old cladding that, once removed, began gushing where once it was merely dribbling, so now their back room is flooded, and an arctic wind from somewhere in the People Under The Stairs-like wall cavity now blows through the giant hole into the bedroom - that obviously I now cannot use - with an almost-physical ashtray-like stench.  I phoned around eight plumbers and the only one that wasn't busy or not answering their phone said he'd be around in twenty minutes seeing as how it was urgent.  Three hours later he phoned to say he was heading out of town but would be back around 9pm.  At 10pm, for some reason he phoned my dad - who lives elsewhere - and told him that if he (the plumber) didn't show up, he'd "probably show up tomorrow."
Currently waiting.

Grugz

i have a bad back, wasnt too bad yesterday when we went to blackpool,the walking about helped a lot...but today i cannot move ,I tried and the legs gave way and I spent half an hour trying to get back on the sofa... my wife has kindly lent me a vase for the eventual need to pee.

and going back to blackpool ,my daughter gave my wife a right laugh, we went to the Disney shop and I got a chopper from star wars rebels we' split up and agreed to meet back at the car when she'd finished buying primark...my daughter said to her in a loud voice as his her way "I bet dads sat in the car playing with his chopper!"  being nine she doesn't understand why mum and dad keep sniggering... ;)
don't get into an argument with an idiot,he'll drag you down to his level then win with experience!

http://forums.2000adonline.com/index.php/topic,26167.0.html

ZenArcade

Grugz

i accidently overdosed on strong painkillers last night for my back...weird night!!!
don't get into an argument with an idiot,he'll drag you down to his level then win with experience!

Hawkmumbler

Fucking nob head drivers parking in disabled space because it's closest to the door even when he's completely able bodied! Twat!

Mardroid

Quote from: Grugz on 20 April, 2015, 10:19:18 AM
i accidently overdosed on strong painkillers last night for my back...weird night!!!
Hope you're okay Grugz. Did you get yourself checked out? Since it was accidental I'm assuming it wasn't that much, but ..

Grugz

aye, just an extra dose or one too early, still a bit spaced but fine, wasn't paying attention being in that much pain... drug free night or two...at least its eased enough for me to get to the loo today and I didn't have to use the vase ;)

just hope its ok by Friday as I have a scan.

Definitely Not Mister Pops

Went into 4 different shops on my way to work and couldn't find a Pear Pickin' Porky in any of them.

The whole world has gone to shit.
You may quote me on that.

Grugz

JudgeOiNK!

King Pops, you'd be from Northern Ireland too then I take it?  I'm in the mood for a Pear Picking Porky now too but stuck in work... oh!  Or maybe a Joker!
Blog - http://the-oink-blog.blogspot.co.uk

Twitter - @PhilEdBoyce