Main Menu

Life is riddled with a procession of minor impediments

Started by Bouwel, 10 August, 2009, 11:08:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JamesC

Quote from: IAMTHESYSTEM on 29 May, 2015, 01:59:01 PM
Surely if someone uses a picture of you without your permission you can complain to them asking them to take it down? The DM can replace it with a licensed stock photo or one from their own library that would suit their illustration needs just as well?

I don't think you can if the picture was taken in (or more likely from) a public place. Hence pictures of Princess Kate's tits.

Professor Bear

Kate's tits are public figures, though, and I think the argument about using someone's image has to be supported by it making some contribution to the public interest to do so.  If the image is used in an objectionable or misleading context you might be able to get it taken down, or if it's being used to advertise something.

I know I joke about the Mail being an online hub for nonces, but the website does actively court an audience that likes to look at pictures of kids - though in fairness, this audience might be comprised mostly of childless menopausal women for all I know.  The Mail is notorious for being more popular with women than with men.

Grugz

After a nice but exhausting holiday in the lakes I came back to a red card from the postie...thinking it may be a birthday pressie for this coming Saturday I opened it in anticipation to be immediately shot down in flames.
  it was the report of an investigation of allegations of gross misconduct meaning I now have a tribunal to look forward to a week on Friday!
  I have/had worked in that job for nearly 20 years with no problems until a certain person came along and decided I was going cos basically she don't like me. they have broken several of their own policies with the way this and other matters have been dealt with,but the thing that hurts most is that I have seen the interviews of my accusers and one,who I trusted ,has told a complete pack of lies even accusing me of basically assaulting her! ( I apparently threw something at her) and a few others who have basically lied to keep themselves out of triouble by blaming me.
  got my union fella coming down next week to go through it all with me

I know my career is going on the r.i.p. thread soon they are just going through the motions before they sack me , 20 years of caring for children seeing them grow up and leave and mourning the ones who didn't. I feel so cheated and am now putting my back trouble down the huge blade sticking out of it.
  I have also found out how few friends I truly have as even one I trusted implicitly has ceased contact since I told her and asked if she'd be a character witness having worked with me for so long.

sorry for the rant and apologies for the longer one when I do get binned in advance. I do, however thank God for my wife and daughter who keep me sane and alive.

don't get into an argument with an idiot,he'll drag you down to his level then win with experience!

http://forums.2000adonline.com/index.php/topic,26167.0.html

von Boom

Minor impediment my arse!

Sounds like you've been working with a pack of liars and villains. I've nothing to offer but hope for a better job for you in the near future.

The Legendary Shark

That sucks, Grugz. Having been through something similar myself I know how truth is no longer a defence. If there's anything I can do, please don't hesitate to ask. In the meantime, don't let the bastards grind you down.
[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

Mattofthespurs

Fungus

Mattofthespurs

Quote from: Grugz on 01 June, 2015, 04:13:02 PM

it was the report of an investigation of allegations of gross misconduct meaning I now have a tribunal to look forward to a week on Friday!

been there, done that.
New area manager wanted me out of a very successful branch of Barclays Bank because I disagreed with what they were doing with PPI.

Upshot is they made up lies about me, got two members of staff to back it up, and got rid of me because ' they could not trust me anymore' despite not being able to prove a thing.

Now they have to pay out over a billion pounds because I was right (about PPI) and I have a cushy number as a film critic (well, not just me, but you get the picture.)

Revenge is a dish best eaten with money.

Good luck!

Tiplodocus

Good luck Grugz.

Mine really is a minor impediment.

£70 parking fine for being 15 minutes over the 90 minute limit while doing the big shop at a Supermarket.

In true Shark/Seagull fashion I am not paying it.

1) most supermarkets offer 120 minutes - which I would have made.
2) It was first shop at a new supermarket for me. That always takes longer because not everything is in same place.

3) I have to read the allergy information on just about everything I buy because milk is a hidden ingredient in just about every product.

4) They can just fuck off.
Be excellent to each other. And party on!

The Legendary Shark

[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

Banners

If there were any empty spaces then you weren't denying anyone else the ability to park and shop at the store, and therefore you weren't harming the store's profits. Therefore they have no reason to fine you, let alone any justification.

Grugz

we also had the wheelchair hire place accusing us of not sending one of the footrests back.i explained several times to the snotty woman that tnt picked it up besides whinging it wasn't boxed up we forgot to take packing tape on our hols! doh!!! and due to a long boring tale of not getting the chair when it was supposed to we hadn't expected them to collect til Saturday...it was only a dicky satnav that prevented said chair being in alston for the day... my wife has asked them what we are going to do with one rest>? they just wont take our word it went on the van with the rest of it and now theyre threatening to charge us!!!

after my surprise parcel they can just fuck off as well... been a day I can tell ya! ::)
don't get into an argument with an idiot,he'll drag you down to his level then win with experience!

http://forums.2000adonline.com/index.php/topic,26167.0.html

Professor Bear

The only real advice I can give is don't tell them you're going to come back after you've been sacked and burn them all with a flamethrower.  You'll just sound crazy.

Although this being the age we live in, you could just pull an Operation Trojan Horse on your antagonist and say they've got it out for you because you're a bloke/not Muslim/Christian/Jewish/whatever and they seem to have some odd outside agenda.  Just turn it right back around by getting something - anything - thrown in their direction to help cast doubt on their reliability.

Tiplodocus

Quote from: White Falcon on 01 June, 2015, 09:57:34 PM
www.moneysavingexpert.com/reclaim/private-parking-tickets
chloerichards.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?f=18&t=79217&start=0#.VWzGl-tw3BA

Thanks - I've already started the appeals process. Plenty of spaces too so they really are chancing their arm here.
Be excellent to each other. And party on!

The Legendary Shark

[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]