Life is riddled with a procession of minor impediments

Started by Bouwel, 10 August, 2009, 11:08:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

blackmocco

"...and it was here in this blighted place, he learned to live again."

www.BLACKMOCCO.com
www.BLACKMOCCO.blogspot.com

von Boom

Was at a family event on Sunday with a lot of children under 7. Now I've gone and caught a sniffle.

I'm coming to believe that children should not be allowed in company unless they've been dipped in iodine and thoroughly deloused first. ;)

Rog69

Finally went to see Mad Max last night and was sat in front of a mentally handicapped teenage girl who talked, clapped and shouted all through the film.

Naturally it spoiled my enjoyment of the movie and now I feel bad because of feeling bad about it, if that makes any sense at all  :(.

Mikey

I'm unemployed for the first time in over twenty years. I used to say the hours are great but the pay's shite, but having resorted to signing on the brew it turns out I'm not eligible for Jobseeker's Allowance, so the pay's even shiter than it was. As someone who firmly believes in the Welfare State, this makes me want my National Insurance contributions back.

M
To tell the truth, you can all get screwed.

Mattofthespurs

Quote from: Mikey on 14 June, 2015, 01:21:08 PM
I'm unemployed for the first time in over twenty years. I used to say the hours are great but the pay's shite, but having resorted to signing on the brew it turns out I'm not eligible for Jobseeker's Allowance, so the pay's even shiter than it was. As someone who firmly believes in the Welfare State, this makes me want my National Insurance contributions back.

M

Never signed on. Tried it once. Didn't agree with me. Wasn't eligible either because I had principles and therefore did not attempt to sign on for years after becoming unemployed and because my stamps were not up to date they wanted me to travel by train, for six months, to sign on with no money. Fuck it.

Had spent 8 years looking after my Son but because the child benefit went to my partner it did not count. My fault. Obviously.

Professor Bear

Quote from: Mikey on 14 June, 2015, 01:21:08 PMhaving resorted to signing on the brew it turns out I'm not eligible for Jobseeker's Allowance

Consult the Citizen's Advice Bureau and see if you're getting accurate information from the Social Services, because there is a high probability you were lied to about your eligibility for benefits.

The Legendary Shark

I have to move off my mate's boat soon but, so far, have not found an alternative place to inhabit. Today I collected together all my remaining stuff, threw a third of it away and stored the rest in a friend's loft. I say "stored" but, to be honest, it felt like I was burying it. I've left myself with a few clothes and a handful of books. My world gets smaller and smaller.
[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

Grugz

Quote from: Rog69 on 11 June, 2015, 02:10:34 PM
Finally went to see Mad Max last night and was sat in front of a mentally handicapped teenage girl who talked, clapped and shouted all through the film.

Naturally it spoiled my enjoyment of the movie and now I feel bad because of feeling bad about it, if that makes any sense at all  :(.

its actually" girl with learning difficulties " and she had as much right to see the film as you did.
don't get into an argument with an idiot,he'll drag you down to his level then win with experience!

http://forums.2000adonline.com/index.php/topic,26167.0.html

Fungus

And the film is 'Gentleman with Anger Management Issues'.
Not as snappy.

paddykafka

The moronic, alcoholic fuck-wit who resides in one of the flats in the house in which I live, has been causing havoc - yet again, for the umpteenth time! - on account of the psychopathic gutter-trash twats that he regularly brings back to his gaff for a shag. This latest creature is but one of a long line of seriously deranged monsters - think of the cast of the Addams Family minus their charm, good looks and social skills - that he has dragged in from the streets, and who then proceed to run amok when he's got what he wanted from them and promptly discarded them afterwards. I had absolutely zero sleep last night on account of this Muppet hammering down the front door, screaming and roaring through the letterbox for most of the night and banging on my window to be let in to see him.

Needless to say, I was not a happy camper going into work this morning, exhausted and agitated in the extreme as I was. And while his latest lunatic conquest was running amok outside the house, this cowardly bastard was hiding in his flat, lacking in both the balls and moral courage to accept his responsibilities and deal with the trouble that he was entirely at fault for bringing to our door.

So when I get home tonight I will be giving him an Ultimatum: Cop yourself on, start acting like a man for a change and stop causing upset and agitation for the rest of us. I'm not normally inclined to go ratting on anyone, but if this creep causes any more problems for me I will be onto the landlord like a shot, requesting that he be removed from the house ASAP. I'm mad as Hell and I'm not going to take anymore!

Theblazeuk

Zenith 666

Paddykafka

As horrendous as this situation is having experienced a similar situation before do not confront him just get him out even if you have to petition the rest of the tenants to convince the landlord to do it.I was working In the apartment block and they had the same problem you had until one morning I came in to what can only be described as a horror show.Having been confronted by two residents the night before over the noise this animal and he can only be described as an animal attacked both with the help of the two junkies he'd brought home that night.There was blood covering wall and floor for two floors and Along with the usual cuts and bruises one had been bitten in the face twice and another was stabbed repeatedly and suffered a broken arm after falling down the stairs trying to flee the attack.Do not underestimate anyone who's repeatedly drunk.Hope you can get a peaceful resolution.

von Boom

I agree with Zenith paddyk. Don't do anything yourself. Complain to the landlord and complain every time it happens, as it is happening. Make the landlord feel your distress by waking him at all hours. Also get the police involved every single time. Let them be the heavies (it's what their good at).

paddykafka

Thanks for the advice, lads. Its much appreciated. The landlord, for his sins - like the rest of us in the house - has had words with this guy before on many occasions, following complaints he has received from neighbours in the surrounding houses about the noise and aggravation being caused. But when you're dealing with someone who is so utterly selfish that they care about no one and nothing - beyond their own immediate primitive desires - then, frankly, you are on a hiding to nothing.

As landlords go, ours is actually a really decent, kind-hearted gentleman who has put up with more than his fair share of crap from his more wayward tenants. However, I suspect that even his patience has been tested beyond endurance by this latest incident. I know mine certainly has. It is a sad but unfortunate fact, that some people are just too stupid and uncaring about others to know how lucky they are to have a roof over their head. I certainly won't shed any tears if this gob-shite, walking Alco-Pop ends up on the street. He has been given more than enough warnings and chances to change his ways but to no avail.

Whatever happens now is entirely of his own making.

Mattofthespurs

Quote from: von Boom on 18 June, 2015, 03:21:02 PM
I agree with Zenith paddyk. Don't do anything yourself.

Agreed. Pay someone to burn his place to the ground with him in it.

And make sure you are out that night with a solid alibi.

And Call Saul if you have any problems.  :D