Main Menu

Life is riddled with a procession of minor impediments

Started by Bouwel, 10 August, 2009, 11:08:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tiplodocus

Quote from: Hawkmonger on 25 October, 2015, 06:55:48 PM
Look up a few posts on this very page and you'll see at least two examples. :lol:

True but compare it to the number of meat, bbq and wot buttonman eats posts and I think you will find it a very small amount.

And when you add in the fact that every single aspect of every day life is advertising meat and dairy production, every supermarket you visit, every advertising hording, every menu, every restaurant front, every "Mmmm. Bacon" post, then I think you will find that vegans aren't the ones banging on about it.

I di my best not to be preachy and not to criticise other people's food choices; I was genuinely just attempting to contribute to Statcgirl's impediment (you will note I said nothing condemning the content of her meal, just the advantages of mine).

But fuck it, if it makes you feel better then yeah, all vegans are militant asshats.
Be excellent to each other. And party on!

Hawkmumbler

Quote from: Tiplodocus on 25 October, 2015, 08:32:52 PM
But fuck it, if it makes you feel better then yeah, all vegans are militant asshats.
Now your just being silly, I don't think vegans are militant arse hats. I just like to see the world burn.

Tiplodocus

Given the amount of vile and vehement opposition I get in some places when I actually do proper vegan posts, I feel insane rather than silly.

This is fairly mild and I will assume it is good natured.

I, Cosh

Quote from: staticgirl on 25 October, 2015, 07:24:52 PM
Two of my friends went vegan and every time I went round their house they preached at me and started insulting my food choices. I stopped seeing them. Maybe other people have experienced that born again religion style.

Quote from: Hawkmonger on 25 October, 2015, 06:55:48 PM
Look up a few posts on this very page and you'll see at least two examples. :lol:
I am most emphatically not a vegetarian but some of my best friends, etc. Anyone who likes is perfectly welcome to insult my food choices. It's not going to change either what I think of them or what I eat.

It's usually my experience that vegetarians have to put up with an unending stream of tedious pish about "Mmm, bacon!" and "Don't you miss x?" or "How can you live without y?" and "But imagine having a big, juicy steak." Essentially the sort of continuous aggressive proselytising you're both assigning to them as  a group.  It's not really much of a surprise if someone will occasionally react to that.

Of course, people become vegetarian for all sorts of different reasons so it's hard to generalise.
We never really die.

Satanist

and if you're going to have a go at Tips there's much better reasons than what he eats. He's lived in Scotland for so long and yet I haven't heard him say "Ach aye the noo" once

I thought Flash Gordon was next weekend  >:(
Hmm, just pretend I wrote something witty eh?

Hawkmumbler

OK, everybody chill! I wasn't having a go at Tips, I thought the joviality came off better than it did. Sarcasm and the internet clearly do not mix. I have massive respect for Tips and anyone who can stick to a strict diet, and though I staunchly believe it isn't eating meat that's the problem but battery farming (I avoid this by buying local) that is the issue, a good bit of banter either way is all i was aiming for.

I apologies for any offence that may have been taken.

Satanist

I've always wondered why its ok to kill, cook and eat an animal but everyone loses their shit as soon as you fuck one  :-[

staticgirl

I, Cosh

Quote from: Satanist on 26 October, 2015, 10:18:43 AM
I've always wondered why its ok to kill, cook and eat an animal but everyone loses their shit as soon as you fuck one  :-[
And yet it's completely the opposite with people?!
We never really die.

Satanist

Quote from: The Cosh on 26 October, 2015, 11:44:16 AM
Quote from: Satanist on 26 October, 2015, 10:18:43 AM
And yet it's completely the opposite with people?!

I KNOW! Its political correctness gone mad! Maybe we will see a change in this ridiculous attitude now that the Prime Minister is leading by example.

Banners

Turned away from my appointment at an NHS Dentist for being 5 mins late (and for which I sincerely apologised). Like a dentist has never kept anyone waiting before...!!!

Grugz

I do believe it's written into nhs policy "thou shalt not be late but be kept waiting"
don't get into an argument with an idiot,he'll drag you down to his level then win with experience!

http://forums.2000adonline.com/index.php/topic,26167.0.html

Proudhuff

DDT did a job on me

Tiplodocus

Quote from: Satanist on 26 October, 2015, 10:11:59 AM
I thought Flash Gordon was next weekend  >:(

... Checks Ticket...

No, it definitely says 29th November.

And it's a PG.  That must be the sexiest PG ever made.

(After myself of course)

shaolin_monkey

Recent minor impediment for me - I want to cook for my new lady, who is a vegetarian, but is allergic to tomatoes, so I can't do my signature veg lasagne dish.  Bah! 

Anyone here vegetarian?  Can anyone direct me to some non-tomato recipes please?