Main Menu

Life is riddled with a procession of minor impediments

Started by Bouwel, 10 August, 2009, 11:08:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

richerthanyou

It's a 45 minute ferry ride to the mainland. And now 3 hours later and I'm still feeling like im on a boat. Dizziness, loss of balance, general feeling of sickness...

So concentration at my first lecture was non existent. And the plan was to go to the gym before my next one. But feeling like this I'm likely to drop a dumbbell on my face. While this may help me in the looks department, I really don't fancy the pain involved.

So yeah. Today isn't the best. Still, could be worse. Lets just hope the zombie apocalypse doesn't start today or I'm well stuffed....
(  ゚,_ゝ゚)   

Satanist

I have about 6 weeks worth of progs to catch up on and have just realised I've missed one from 3 weeks ago so now have to order missing prog and wait for its arrival until I catch up. This is the first prog Ive missed in about 10 years  >:(
Hmm, just pretend I wrote something witty eh?

Banners

Just had first negative feedback on eBay in sixteen years.

Item wasn't delivered (a free hotel vanity kit!), and buyer not happy despite being shown proof of postage. Buyer contacted me this evening and asked for a refund which I did via PayPal several minutes later, but her feedback accuses me of not sending the refund.

She also accuses me of "appalling" communication despite me being kind, courteous and swift to reply.  Buyer has opened dispute so eBay won't remove the feedback.

Not sure of her motives but she's ruined my evening.

~sigh~

Jim_Campbell

Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

Professor Bear

Just saw my next door neighbor pop outside for a fag for the third time today.  Her baby's due within the month.
My washing machine packed up about two months back and I'm only just getting someone in to connect up the new one - which I noticed today has - despite weighing the better part of a ton - been stolen from the hall by the landlord of the downstairs flat.

Quote from: Banners on 09 March, 2016, 08:55:29 PMNot sure of her motives but she's ruined my evening.

She's left the feedback so she can open an official dispute with eBay, as they automatically refund the disputed amount from your account if a certain amount of time goes by with no resolution - even if there's no resolution because the person who opened the dispute remains incommunicado until the clock runs out.  Basically she's trying to get refunded again.  If she's trying to pull that one, it might be possible the package did arrive and she just said it didn't.

The Legendary Shark

Check the feedback she's left for others and look for a pattern.
[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

Banners

Quote from: Ollamh Iompróidh
My washing machine packed up about two months back and I'm only just getting someone in to connect up the new one - which I noticed today has - despite weighing the better part of a ton - been stolen from the hall by the landlord of the downstairs flat.

Thanks for the input, fellas – though this seems a lot more alarming! Anything you can do about it?

Quote from: The Legendary SharkCheck the feedback she's left for others and look for a pattern.

Her feedback went private tonight so not sure what I can do. Probably just best to move on. Saying that, I remembered the exact same thing happened back in 2005 when my responses where somewhat more diligent.

(Weird how this site documents so many aspects of my life...!)

The Legendary Shark

Private to everyone or just you? Easy enough to check with an I.P. cloak and new account...
[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

Banners

Private to everyone I think.

Absolutely crazy. Literally had a sleepless night, and although it really is a minor impediment and there are far many more problems in the world, I just can't stop thinking about it. A shame.

The Legendary Shark

Hiding her feedback seems suspicious, to me. Why would she not want you to see what feedback she's left for others? Scammer?
[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

SuperSurfer

Quote from: Banners on 10 March, 2016, 09:03:11 AM
Absolutely crazy. Literally had a sleepless night, and although it really is a minor impediment and there are far many more problems in the world, I just can't stop thinking about it. A shame.
That's a right pain, Banners. Sounds dodgy. I understand the upset when one's integrity is questioned.

Ordering stuff online and dealing with deliveries is hassle one way or another. Add into the equation idiot/crooked delivery men and we can never be 100% sure what goes on. Not saying that is the case here, but I've been kind of stung in the past.

When we lived in a shared block I accepted a package for a neighbour. Idiot delivery man put a card through wrong door saying I had the package. So I had one neighbour knocking on my door to collect a package not intended for them. Making me look like a thief.

Couple of years ago, fed up of that sort of hassle I refused to accept a package for the previous owner of our house. Delivery man said ok, I just need to sign for package to go back.

Day later the same company tried to deliver again. I explained I already rejected package and asked if I need to sign? No he said. Seemed odd.

I then had messages from neighbours saying the previous owner of our house would like to contact me to collect her phone which I "signed for "! 

So I reckon some bastard crooked delivery man at DPD got me to sign his electronic gadget, fibbing that I was signing for rejecting the delivery but in reality signing to accept it. While he made off with his loot.

I later had a card from another courier company via the phone company to collect the package from me – which dodgy delivery man had. 

When I realised I called DPD. They couldn't deal with this as I didn't have a booking ref or contact email address as I didn't arrange the delivery. They said it is not correct procedure to sign for a package to be returned.

I passed a message back through neighbours but the previous owner had received a replacement phone.

We hadn't lived here that long and I'm still paranoid that the neighbours might think that we are dodgy. Apparently I signed to accept that package so in their and the intended recipients eyes we made off with the package. Infuriating. Looking back I wish I made more of it. 

Theblazeuk

Hey Banners, my mate sells second-hand sofas and so on and had exactly this kind of scam run on him by some woman recently. Tried to claim it had never been delivered - and then tried to claim money off the delivery service for damaging the thing she'd never had delivered.

I'll ask him to give me her details maybe it's the same woman :)

The Legendary Shark

I spent a couple of hours trying to find out about her past dealings but to no avail, sorry. There are still a couple of things I want to try but I don't have high hopes. Frustrating.
[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

Banners

Quote from: Theblazeuk
Hey Banners, my mate sells second-hand sofas and so on and had exactly this kind of scam run on him by some woman recently. Tried to claim it had never been delivered - and then tried to claim money off the delivery service for damaging the thing she'd never had delivered.

Thanks Blaze. I can 'understand' someone scamming on an item worth a bit of money like a sofa, because you'd potentially get double that money back to make it worth your while ie. the seller would refund you, and then the impenetrable eBay and PayPal would go and debit the seller's card (despite the seller's protests and evidence).

But this was for a couple of little vanity kits taken from hotels and found after a Mrs Banners Spring-clean, so are essentially worthless. And they sold for just £4.20 (minus £2.80 P&P), so when – inevitably – the resolution process finds in her favour, the buyer will stand to make a mighty £8.40. What is the point?