Main Menu

RIPs

Started by Quirkafleeg, 27 February, 2006, 03:03:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TordelBack

Quote from: satchmo on 04 December, 2009, 12:52:36 PM
Sad news about Robert Holdstock. I read Mythago Wood again last year, it's a brilliant book.

Mmmm, amazing stuff, some good sequels too. The Dark Wheel was a genuinely inspirational part of the greatest game ever, and there were some nice boobies in The Emerald Forest.  Covered all the bases really, intelligent fantasy, BBC Micro games and the norks of First Peoples.  Well done that man!

Roger Godpleton

Brittany Murphy, apparently. 32.
He's only trying to be what following how his dreams make you wanna be, man!

TordelBack

Quote from: Roger Godpleton on 20 December, 2009, 07:25:58 PM

That's sad.  I liked her in Clueless and King of the Hill.

mygrimmbrother

Van Dom

Ah shitfuck.

In the words of Ram Sweeny from the movie Heathers: "Jesus God in Heaven, why'd you have to kill such hot snatch?"

But seriously - that really sucks. Saw her in Drive with Mark Dacascos all those years ago and been a fan ever since....

Real shame.
Van Dom! El Chivo! Bhuna! Prof T Bear! And More! All in Vanguard Edition Three, available now. Check the blog or FB page for details!

VANGUARD COMIC!

VANGUARD FACEBOOK PAGE!

Van Dom

Brittany Murphy was great in this. That quirky, childlike innocence thing she had going on. Goshdarnit!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hEL_JiwOHoI
Van Dom! El Chivo! Bhuna! Prof T Bear! And More! All in Vanguard Edition Three, available now. Check the blog or FB page for details!

VANGUARD COMIC!

VANGUARD FACEBOOK PAGE!

Goaty

Quote from: Roger Godpleton on 20 December, 2009, 07:25:58 PM

what? fuck! as was watch dvd of Sin City last night, RIP Brittany Murphy :(

also RIP Joe McElderry's career as Rage Against The Machine beat Joe McElderry to claim the Christmas number one

Christov

Like Joe's career wasn't already doomed to last a year, if that.

HdE

Well, I just logged on here from the MSN news page, where I saw the news about Brittany Murphy. It's a while since a celebrity death has shocked me like that.

Really sad. I had a thing for her in movies. Doubly sobering is the fact the she was the same age as me. RIP.
Check out my DA page! Point! Laugh!
http://hde2009.deviantart.com/

ThryllSeekyr

Quote from: Van Dom on 20 December, 2009, 09:17:02 PM
Brittany Murphy was great in this. That quirky, childlike innocence thing she had going on. Goshdarnit!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hEL_JiwOHoI

I jkust read that on my news page. What a shame.

Her hubby has been acting very suspiciously since it happened.

http://celebrities.ninemsn.com.au/blog.aspx?blogentryid=549685&showcomments=true&rss=yes

Despite her comeliness, I don't think she's ever really been healthy and every movie Iv'e seen seen her in since Clueless. Where I remember her more full bodied looks. I think there was a problem with anorexia. As far she appears, I've always admired her, but I knew there was always a problem with her health.

About seeiing the film Clueless. I was always hanging around the city in those days. I was lonely, bored and I had the money to burn. Before cable television, the movies were alwys a pleasant diversion, not matter what I brought tickets for.

Gavin_Leahy_Block

It is a real shame and at such a young age too.

Dandontdare

Tim Hart, founder member of Steeleye Span.

A band that doesn't have much steet cred these days, but if it wasn't for the folk-rock pioneers in Steeleye Span and Fairport Convention, a huge chunk of British heritage would've simply died out. The folk purists hated them, but they reinvented traditional British songs as something alive and relevant. Countless modern performers owe them a great debt for this enduring cultural legacy.

Peter Wolf

Quote from: Dandontdare on 30 December, 2009, 07:40:46 PM
Tim Hart, founder member of Steeleye Span.

A band that doesn't have much steet cred these days, but if it wasn't for the folk-rock pioneers in Steeleye Span and Fairport Convention, a huge chunk of British heritage would've simply died out. The folk purists hated them, but they reinvented traditional British songs as something alive and relevant. Countless modern performers owe them a great debt for this enduring cultural legacy.

Its a shame that they are mostly remembered for a novelty song that was All Around My Hat because its not really representative of their music.A couple of their LPs featured members of Fairport Convention.The critics love Fairport convention but they rarely mention Steeleye Span.

One of the members of Steeleye Span lived or still does live in Hastings.He was the guitarist but i dont recall his name .Having checked pictures it was Tim Hart that i used to talk to sometimes because i had a summer job selling ice creams outside the cafe on the West Hill and he used to bring all his kids round to buy them ice creams.
Worthing Bazaar - A fete worse than death

O Lucky Stevie!

Rowland S Howard, who you may know of from The Birthday Party

http://www.abc.net.au/news/stories/2009/12/31/2783381.htm

Top bloke whenever he came into the radio station for an interview & play a few tunes live to air.
"We'll send all these nasty words to Aunt Jane. Don't you think that would be fun?"

I, Cosh

Quote from: O Lucky Stevie! on 31 December, 2009, 06:34:15 AMRowland S Howard, who you may know of from The Birthday Party
That's sad. I didn't even know he was ill.
We never really die.