Main Menu

Meg 419 - The devil in Devlin

Started by Colin YNWA, 15 April, 2020, 09:07:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Colin YNWA

No love for the Meg yet, oh well I mean I know its a horrible tag line but come on... anyway to matters more important

I salute you Tharg

As well as the Prog in these terrible times you also give us a Meg... now admittedly not as good a Meg as many but still decent and to get it out at all is an absolute trimuph so once again I thank you.

As for the content a promising start in Dredd dwindles a little to a solid second part. Lets see how it lands (I think) next week. Devlin Waugh continues to be a delight as matter come to an exploding head and we get what I guess is the very opposite of a cliffhanger at the end. Blunt III has a very interesting if not entirely gripping episode, but still lets see what next months revelation will be. Zombie Army seems to be dragging things out a little. Its moving as fast as a truck through a sea of the undead but its decent and I'm warming more and more to the art.

So even though its one of its high action episodes, which are often not the best the glory that is Lawless gets back to the top of the pile with this pulse pounding episode with a bit of a secret cave that might reveal secrets?

Good text features, a disappointing floppies but all in all its with us, its good so no complaints from me.

Thanks again Tharg.

broodblik

Cover by Cliff Robinson & Dylan Teague:

When I die, I want to die like my grandfather who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car.

Old age is the Lord's way of telling us to step aside for something new. Death's in case we didn't take the hint.

The Monarch

I am sure i would love the meg....y'know if i had it

hippynumber1

Yeah, still waiting on the Meg here too.

moldovangerbil

Leigh S

Mine turned up today, but given the double bank holiday and current circumstances, that is nothing to complain about!

CalHab

I feel like I owe Black Shuck and its creators an apology. When this appeared in the prog, I found it very difficult to follow for some reason. There is still an issue with too many characters that look similar, but I now realise that its actually very good, with a clear narrative and some interesting turns. Way better than I remember it and I hope Tharg considers commissioning another series.

broodblik

I enjoyed Black Shuck when it was in the prog and I would not mind another series. The only problem is that I felt that the floppy should rather contain older stories than the more recent ran series.
When I die, I want to die like my grandfather who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car.

Old age is the Lord's way of telling us to step aside for something new. Death's in case we didn't take the hint.

TordelBack

Sooo, if some bugger was to pay one of my invoices at some point this week, what would be a good starting issue point for downloading a cohesive handful of digital Megs? Other than Lawless, any particularly strong recent stories I should go back to the start of?

A largely positive, if still ersatz, experience with the digital Prog in these strange has led me to ponder a similar course for its little brother.  Many have suggested doing this in the past as a way of making the Meg, but my now-weakening aversion to digital makes it seem more plausible.

broodblik

Tordel I will suggest to start at No 400. In this issue everything is new like a jump-on prog.

The Monarch

did subs get their 419s yet? I am still waiting

Batman's Superior Cousin

Quote from: The Monarch on 24 April, 2020, 05:10:57 PM
did subs get their 419s yet? I am still waiting

Got mine last Thursday & the Prog the following day
I can't help but feel that Godpleton's avatar/icon gets more appropriate everyday... - TordelBack
Texts from Last Night

DrJomster

Some good thrills indeed this month, but top moment just has to go to page 4 of Lawless. Five panels of Rondo blasting away as he advances was executed (ba dum tish!) so well!
The hippo has wisdom, respect the hippo.

The Monarch

Have I mentioned how fantastic those wonderful subs people are? I got mine a few days after i sent an email since it was mia for two weeks and i gotta say thanks to them for that.