Main Menu

Meg 427: The Ssspiritsss Of The Ssseason!

Started by Freddychopper, 14 December, 2020, 04:44:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Freddychopper

Freddychopper

Freddychopper

And a bad scan of the printed version. Love the wraparound!

Colin YNWA

Okay that was weird. That Meg felt really light weight? I'm not really sure why as none of the strips where different and all of the same super quality. Maybe it was just the lack of any text articles that engaged me and a floppie that we all read a few years ago. Anyway.

Dredd was a simple but great story by Rory McConville, with lovely art by Agustin Padilla an artist I'm not aware of.

All the rest as good as they have been. Which is to say varying degrees of good to great in this order.

Megatropolis > Deliverance > Dreadnoughts > The Returners

And I really like The Returners to be clear.

So maybe I wiped through it but it was great - so all good.

Jim_Campbell

Quote from: Colin YNWA on 17 December, 2020, 09:02:28 PM
So maybe I wiped through it

Are they panic buying loo roll round your way already, Colin...?
Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

Colin YNWA

Quote from: Jim_Campbell on 17 December, 2020, 09:04:28 PM
Quote from: Colin YNWA on 17 December, 2020, 09:02:28 PM
So maybe I wiped through it

Are they panic buying loo roll round your way already, Colin...?

I know and the paper is so glossy its useless.

JayzusB.Christ

As a digi-Meg reader, I hadn't realised it was a wraparound cover.  Lovely stuff - for once it's a Christmas cover without Dredd arresting Santa Claus or saying 'Ho ho drokkin' ho'.   I really love how Nick Percival has successfully made Dave Kendall's Dark Judge designs his own - they suit his style perfectly.
"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

broodblik

I have an issue with page 55 and 56 which should be a double page but because of the way the pages are numbered with the digital version it does not pan together when you turn your device. Is this the case with the printed meg as well that the double page is back-to-back?
When I die, I want to die like my grandfather who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car.

Old age is the Lord's way of telling us to step aside for something new. Death's in case we didn't take the hint.

I, Cosh

Quote from: broodblik on 18 December, 2020, 02:22:44 PM
I have an issue with page 55 and 56 which should be a double page but because of the way the pages are numbered with the digital version it does not pan together when you turn your device. Is this the case with the printed meg as well that the double page is back-to-back?
I have the same issue in the digital Meg but I think there's a page (presumably ads) missing as the back cover is page 63 instead of 64 and that wouldn't really work with the hard copy.

I was going to ask here but the last time the same thing happened (Prog 2175) nobody could be bothered to dig out their paper Prog and check it for me.
We never really die.

broodblik

Cosh, with prog 2175 on the iPad/Android apps the one page is missing but if you download the cbz from the webstore it has the missing page. I have seen the same issue on prog 2169 missing a page but this time it is fine on the app but missing on the cbz (the pdf is fine)
When I die, I want to die like my grandfather who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car.

Old age is the Lord's way of telling us to step aside for something new. Death's in case we didn't take the hint.

broodblik

The Dreadnoughts series is rated one of the best comics stories this year:

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/the-best-comics-of-2020

Congrats to the team of Carroll, Higgins, Hurst and Bowland !!!!

Magnetica

Only got round to this today and only read Dredd so far.

Did anyone else think Agustin Padilla's art had a similar feel to it as Ben Willsher's?

Link Prime

A slightly weaker Meg without the renowned Wagner, but I have to say - Dreadnoughts is playing all the right notes. In the right order too.
Stellar stuff from Carroll & Higgins.

The Monarch

the vigilantes gonna turn out to be [spoiler]joe[/spoiler] in megatropolis isn't it?

SmallBlueThing(Reborn)

Have I got my dates wrong- arent we expecting a Meg to borrow (Wed 13th)? Isnt that four weeks since the last?

SBT