Main Menu

Dom Reardon or Simon Harrison - Artists Ryder Cup Current vs Classic - Tie 8

Started by Colin YNWA, 12 May, 2021, 06:28:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dog Deever

Just a little rough and tumble, Judge man.

Funt Solo

++ A-Z ++  coma ++

Colin YNWA

Only a day to go on this one and we'll close it down and I'll annouce the result first thing tomorrow morning - so any votes get them in today... could this be the tie Current Team so desperately need?

To that end about time I did. ... hmmm do you ever think you are swimming against the tide? That your view of art and artists is a little out of step. Here, much as I love Dom Reardon's art Simon Harrison's quality was so fresh and innovative that I can't look too far beyond him, its just the scale of the margin that's in debate. I think give just how bold Simon's art is I have to be bold with my vote, but I can't ignore how much I love Dom's work so I guess that leaves me:

Dom Reardon 1 : Simon Harrison 4

Colin YNWA

VOTING CLOSED

The Current Team needed a win, Classic were stretching their lead and no one, not even ageless stars like Brendan McCarthy, or finalists in their own tourney seemed able to stop it... it was beginning to feel like they were going to be sweep aside. And so step forward an unlikely hero. Maybe not one of the superstars of this team, but a fantastic artist all the same. There might not have been quite as many votes as normal, but to use the cliche it doesn't matter, a scrappy result would be a result just the same and no one would care how it came. Dom Reardon has done it for them with a solid win and the question now is can others build from this?

Current Team 2 : Classic Team 6

Current Team 326: Classic Team 469