Main Menu

Brendan McCarthy or Massimo Belardinelli - Artists Ryder Cup Current vs Classic

Started by Colin YNWA, 11 May, 2021, 06:27:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

broodblik

Also consider this Tordel: If you cancel Colin you must become the "new" Colin and run with the tourney since the general pop will come in revolt if we can not play our "Bingo" everyday
When I die, I want to die like my grandfather who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car.

Old age is the Lord's way of telling us to step aside for something new. Death's in case we didn't take the hint.

TordelBack

Quote from: broodblik on 13 May, 2021, 10:08:28 AM
Also consider this Tordel: If you cancel Colin you must become the "new" Colin and run with the tourney ...

Strange you should say this, as I've had a sudden change of heart. That Bellardinelli, he was nought but a beardie Italian hack. I'm a Swiftie now. Just like Colin.  Whose taste is impeccable.

Rogue Judge

I prefer McCarthy's art in B&W. His choice of psychedelic color palettes isn't for me, I think if he had more "traditional" coloring I'd like him even more (especially for his recent stuff). His pencils/inks however, are fantastic.

Funt Solo

Robert Cox once shared (on here, somewhere) a couple of pieces that Massimo had done for him - the self-portrait came with a letter explaining that he had a dicky heart. (Open them in a new tab to see them a bit larger.)

++ A-Z ++  coma ++

BPP

The man was so talented. Unbelievable. Is he appreciated anywhere else but amongst 2000ad fans? His work is so unique, so distinctive and so joyous but I don't think I've ever heard him mentioned anywhere but amongst readers.
If I'd known it was harmless I would have killed it myself.

http://futureshockd.wordpress.com/

http://twitter.com/#!/FutureShockd

Dog Deever

Just a little rough and tumble, Judge man.

Funt Solo

Quote from: BPP on 13 May, 2021, 04:56:08 PM
The man was so talented. Unbelievable. Is he appreciated anywhere else but amongst 2000ad fans? His work is so unique, so distinctive and so joyous but I don't think I've ever heard him mentioned anywhere but amongst readers.

The 1985 2000AD Annual has an interview with him, in which he indicated that doing art for comics was his world.

Page #1
Page #2
Page #3
++ A-Z ++  coma ++

Colin YNWA

VOTING CLOSED

And the crowd goes wild. Like a baying mob of US golf fans chanting USA, USA, USA the fans of the Classic Team smell blood and buoyed by their victory lose all quality and a guttal roar of MASSIMO, MASSIMO, MASSIMO starts to raise... quietly near by the dignity and pride of the classy Brendan McCarthy fans shines through as they watch sadned, amazed by the scale of the defeat yet not broken... what... what do you mean I need to make these summaries less personal and expose less of my biase... I have no idea what your talking about.... okay look Massimo Belardinelli tonked Brendan McCarthy will that do?

Current Team 1 : Classic Team 6

Current Team 277 : Classic Team 438