Main Menu

Dom Reardon or Simon Harrison - Artists Ryder Cup Current vs Classic - Tie 8

Started by Colin YNWA, 12 May, 2021, 06:28:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Colin YNWA

I have to be honest I was shocked when Dom Reardon went out in the first round of the Current Tourney, though it was a very close run thing with Simon Coloeby. His high contrast art perfectly captures the grotesque horrors of Tharg's darker side. Simon Harrison also shocked me in the first round of his tourney knocking out personal fav Colin Wilson, but I do love his art, but it can be marmite, losing out to the clean lines of Alan Davis in the next round.

Both artists show 2000ad's dark underbelly but which one tickles you the most?

Time for you to decide your favourite as the droids square up to the tee...

Dom Reardon - more info

OR

Simon Harrison - more info

Remember for this tourney you have 5 votes to distribute as you please between these two artists, whole numbers only. So you can vote 5 - 0; 4 - 1; or 3 - 2; either way depending on how much more you like one artist's work over the other.

If you can't be doing with that just name your favourite - remember bold tags, or other ways of highlighting always appreciated - and I'll give them 3 votes and nowt to the other droid.

Three day votes, so this one ends morning of Saturday 15th May

Remember we only consider work for Tharg in these Tourneys

What the heck is all this about - well we have a thread for that

How does this new voting work? Look here and why again?

I don't understand how this works, what are the rules of the Ryder Cup - yep got ya covered there too

Anything else just ask and I'll make something up. Most importantly have fun!

BPP

If I'd known it was harmless I would have killed it myself.

http://futureshockd.wordpress.com/

http://twitter.com/#!/FutureShockd

broodblik

When I die, I want to die like my grandfather who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car.

Old age is the Lord's way of telling us to step aside for something new. Death's in case we didn't take the hint.

abelardsnazz

Love Simon's work on Revere, and, yes, I think he did a decent job on Strontium Dog. Dom's hugely atmospheric work brings a lot to the table, so for me it's Simon Harrison 2, Dom Reardon 3.

TordelBack

Dom 3 : 2 Simon.

Simon has drawn some truly incredible intricate things for the prog, and I even count myself as a member of the Final Solution-liking* minority. But there's somethIng about Dom's slabs of black, negative space and spiky outlines that are exactly what I want from comics art.

*This is definitely a problematic phrase in more than one way.

rogue69

Magnetica

Tomwe

sintec

Reardon 4 - Harrison 1

I get the feeling I might change my mind on this once the UCs volume with Revere in it appears as the snippets I've seen look phenomenal

AlexF

Surprised by the way this is going! I'm a BIG Harrison fan, and much as I love Reardon's work he's not in the same league.

Harrison 4, Reardon 1 for me.

DrJomster

The hippo has wisdom, respect the hippo.

I, Cosh

Ay Yi Yi! My all-time favourite versus the first artist whose work I owned a piece of.

Both intensely stylised artists whose idiosyncracies shine in black & white but who can also produce beautiful colour work. Simon is definitely my preference but I can't split them by a significant margin.

Reardon 2 - 3 Harrison

We never really die.

paddykafka