Main Menu

Eddie Cambell's Bacchus?

Started by Apestrife, 17 May, 2015, 08:30:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Apestrife

I rather liked Bacchus Immortality isn't forever and The Gods of Business, having read them digitally on comixology.

Is the rest of the run as good as those two? Does it read like one big story?

Reason I'm wondering is that I'm considering buying the the two omnibuses. And I'd like it to read as good as it is to eye the art :)

Hawkmumbler

'Awaits inebitable storm of praise'

Colin YNWA

Well I gave mine a while back in a thread that I'm reasonably sure Apestrife contributed to so he knows I like it.

As to the specific questions it does have its ups and downs, but generally is brilliant consistently. As to whether it has a single narrative running through it... while I'd prefer Tordalback to return to answer that, I'd suggest it does BUT with the massive caviate that I've not read it for a lomg, long time (hence drowling about its imminant return as I've been waiting to read it again since getting back into comics over 10 years ago now)

Apestrife

I remember taking part in some discussion about it, linked to Azz/Chiang's Wonder Woman.

Bacchus seems regarded highly by those who'v read it, but I've yet to find some longer reading on why. I'd -as said- really like it if the story was a big one. Really hope it's one big epic. A god of wine and madness out to get revenge deserves such :)