Main Menu

The Dracula Files Collection from Scream!

Started by maryanddavid, 31 March, 2015, 11:06:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Colin YNWA

Read this on a journey too and from a long day at work. It should of course be read in the back of the car on a long car journey on the way to a campsite somewhere in Dorset but hey ho. Anyway rather than post another post about another absolute trumpih from Hibernia Books, that looks both brilliant, reads like a thundering blast of pure childhood thrilling nonsense (I even loved the last story that has the mirror trick - eerr whoever wrote that hadn't been playing attention now had they!) no I'm going to do none of that, nor sing MaryandDavid's prasies again - done that before. No instead I'm going to obsess over a tiny worth detail I've almost certainly got wrong.

The first page of the Fairground story, the second to last story in the collection... yeah you got it. Good. Okay that first page Ron Smith's been involved in that hasn't he? Surely. Look at the tight hatching on the skyline in the first panel, the design and exercution of the three riders/stalls on show, the design of the punks. Come on that's Ron Smith right? Either he started the strip and Geoff Senoir took over early, or Ron helped with the inking. Surely. That's not just lookalikie is it? That pages has gotta have some Ron Smith involvement.

Go on have a look so I know its not just me?

maryanddavid

Firstly, delighted you like it Colin. Its a fun bonkers story, with suitably creepy bits. Bradburys art is just perfect, he really is an unsung talent of British comics. I know he is popular but the amount and range of artwork he has done is incredible, Doomlord though is his best work and best written too.
The Ron Smith thing with Geoff's work, I have noticed it, for me its in Dragons Claws, more the inanimate stuff like cars and buildings. Great and underused artist.