Main Menu

Strontium Dog Fan Film

Started by Steve Green, 19 September, 2014, 03:46:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Steve Green

We talked about adding shut lines and stuff, but as soon as you start to do too much of that it tends to go away from the original.

James Stacey

Quote from: Beeks on 04 November, 2014, 11:27:38 PM
Some guy made an Alpha helmet no?

Seem to remember seeing it on google images

Looked a bit too oversized though IMO

Would be nice if you got the helmet to look more realistic/practical

Our very own House of Usher has one although he doesn't post much on here at the moment. Im sure he wont mind me sharing the photo :)

Steve Green

Yeah, that's the termight one I think.

It's very tricky when you're producing headgear to sell that people want to wear, trying to hit a sweet spot of one size fits all.

Daveycandlish

Some say that helmet is the shape of a dog's head. I see it more as a cross between a badger's head and a chamelion. Just sayin'.
An old-school, no-bullshit, boys-own action/adventure comic reminiscent of the 2000ads and Eagles and Warlords and Battles and other glorious black-and-white comics that were so, so cool in the 70's and 80's - Buy the hardback Christmas Annual!

8-Ball

To be honest, I've never seen Johnny Alpha's helmet as a dog's head. I have always seen it as a futuristic version of one of those tricorne hats that were fashionable in the 17th and 18th centuries.
Whatever happened to Rico, Dolman and Cadet Paris? I'm sooo out of the loop.

Steve Green

It's not a million miles of this, shape-wise.

Bat King

Indeed. The design works, it is big for a reason. That's serious kit.

Most S/D Agents wouldn't have one. indeed they don't, I can't recall anyone else sorting such a lid.

Looking forward to seeing what Dan comes up with!
Blog
http://judgetutorsemple.wordpress.com/

Twitter
@chiropterarex

Steve Green

Sniffer Martinez (Alpha's partner before Wulf) had something similar, but hardly any others do - presumably because it makes it harder to depict a range of mutations.

Steve Green

I've sculpted the helmet as a 3D model (it's taken about 8 versions), and handed it over to Daniel who is printing it out and figuring out scale, making it real.

Dark Jimbo

Quote from: Bat King on 09 November, 2014, 03:28:06 PM

Most S/D Agents wouldn't have one. indeed they don't, I can't recall anyone else sorting such a lid.

You've hit on a nice in-universe explanation there - a piece of kit that good would be pretty expensive, and I doubt thee were many Dogs who could match the number of bounties Alpha brought in!
@jamesfeistdraws

Steve Green

Yeah, he's obviously well off enough to be the only one who uses time bombs at 200 thou a pop.

Bat King

Quote from: Dark Jimbo on 09 November, 2014, 04:15:48 PM
Quote from: Bat King on 09 November, 2014, 03:28:06 PM

You've hit on a nice in-universe explanation there - a piece of kit that good would be pretty expensive, and I doubt thee were many Dogs who could match the number of bounties Alpha brought in!

Quote from: Steve Green Yeah, he's obviously well off enough to be the only one who uses time bombs at 200 thou a pop./quote]

Yeah, whether it is family money he took to redress the balance or the stack of bounties he pulls in. Dude seems to be loaded. Without it seeming wrong either.
Blog

Twitter
@chiropterarex

The Legendary Shark

Who says he bought it? He might have prised his natty hat off the head of a dead outlaw or his Granny might have knitted it for his birthday.
[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

Bat King

True...

But I just always, and I mean always, assumed he owned his S/D kit legit. I refuse to alter my opinions...
Blog

Twitter
@chiropterarex

Steve Green

Well he would needed to kill more than one person with the same hat.

McNulty says he kept one of them as a souvenir, so he must have had more than one.